Board logo

Which is front on a Quaife reverse box????????
adamhay - 26/2/05 at 03:48 PM

I've searched the whole of the web & I have all their technical drawings, and NOTHING says which is front and which is back.

Can someone please enlighten me as I can't do anything until I find out - thanks.

Tralfaz - 27/2/05 at 05:54 AM

The following link is to a pdf drawing of the unit. One end of the "profile view "lists the 'drive' flange, when I installed mine this was the end I was told was the input from the motor. (Also the end that is drawn in the 'face' view)

http://www.quaifeamerica.com/downloads/ga/ga_35G1.pdf

adamhay - 27/2/05 at 09:41 AM

Cheers Tralfaz.

Incidentally, what is that chassis you have yourself? It looks very like a modified Caterham chassis?

[Edited on 27/2/05 by adamhay]

Tralfaz - 27/2/05 at 01:42 PM

Adam,

I built the chassis from scratch after creating a set of plans based on late model Caterhams. Originally the plan was to create a Cat copy, but the chassis has evolved, internally anyway, the outside shape and dimensions have remained unchanged and the car will use Cat. bonnet,scuttle, windscreen,etc. The rear was re-designed for an MX-5 based IRS and the front for inboard dampers. Interestingly the front tube layout I came up with (2 yrs ago... I am embarrased to say...slow build....) looks quite a bit like that in the new CSR.

Regards,
Brian

adamhay - 1/3/05 at 12:29 AM

Just got an email from Quaife USA's Aftermarket Manager and he said the box can go in either way....makes no difference apparently.