Board logo

J15 tall "screen" fitted
Paul AS - 11/5/13 at 08:50 PM

I managed to fit the "tall screen" to the J15 today without cracking it.

Really good out on the road. I wear specs and my eyes didn't water!! Only my forehead and ears got a bit chilly in the cool breeze, but that's easily sorted with a hat.

There's a little bit of side buffeting, but nothing too dramatic.

I can see what's behind me through the suction mirror adequately and on the move there's not much image vibration.

Happy with the result!

jeffw - 12/5/13 at 04:21 AM

Looks great however....I hope you can see over the top of the screen because if you can't you'll find you have a issue on cold of misty morning where the screen completely mists up. Ask me how I know lol....

Paul AS - 12/5/13 at 10:21 AM

Never even crossed my mind!! Ooops!! Luckily however, I'm 6'1" so if I sit up straight like my mum told me, I can see over the top - just!!

Jimbob - 12/5/13 at 01:46 PM

That looks rather nice

Hope to see you out and about in the car one day, would love a nosey round it

Proby - 12/5/13 at 02:13 PM

Really nice job of that screen, looks as if it was made to fit!

stevegough - 12/5/13 at 02:56 PM

Nice. Suits the car.

nickm - 12/5/13 at 07:26 PM

Looks really nice

Once IVA is out of the way i think i will be looking at the same not really into the all round screen as my chief passenger will destroy the car trying to get in.
Another mod will have to be a home made handbrake lock so he cant pull it on at ?????MPH.

Any of you finished J15 owners doing Newark ?

Nick M

Paul AS - 13/5/13 at 12:17 PM

Hi Nick,

I'm planning to go to Newark on the Saturday, the Great British weather permitting of course.

Paul

nickm - 13/5/13 at 07:29 PM

Hi Paul
I will try for Saturday, hopefully see you there, will have to remember the camera.

Will you be at the JPSC tent area ?

Thanks

Nick M

Paul AS - 13/5/13 at 08:41 PM

Yes if they'll have me!!