Board logo

Cooper cs6 zeon tyres
matty h - 8/11/11 at 10:45 PM

Looking at getting some tyres for the front of my GTM Libra 195/45/16.Anyone got any coments on the cooper cs6 zeon tyres.
Thanks Matty

MikeRJ - 8/11/11 at 10:55 PM

"Cheap and nasty" is a description that springs to mind, especially on a higher performance car. If you don't want to buy a premium brand tyre, why not go for one of the mid-range performance tyres that are known to be good instead of taking a gamble, e.g. Vredestein Sessanta, Falken FK452, Toyo T1R, Kumho KU31, Hankook Ventus etc.

[Edited on 8/11/11 by MikeRJ]

Bigheppy - 8/11/11 at 11:06 PM

I had a pair of zeons on the rear of my seat altea, after approx 1000 miles they became VERY noisy. I dont know the miles travelled (not as many as the previous ones) the inner edges were almost bald while the outer still had 5mm. I had the rear alignment checked and it was within tolerances. The previous tyres wore fairly evenly a friendly mechanic thought it was due to the tread pattern.

big-vee-twin - 9/11/11 at 10:14 AM

Would recommend you look at Falken they are very good, had them on my 230hp F1 Megane were better than the original ones fitted by Renault.

matty h - 9/11/11 at 06:26 PM

Thanks for the replies. Looks like I will get another toyo t1r fitted then.Was just considering my options and the coopers had good reviews.
Matty