Board logo

Best place to buy sierra driveshafts?
Toprivetguns - 30/3/17 at 05:01 PM

My passenger side driveshaft has finally given up (bean can split) and its probably better to buy a new unit then repair from a cost point of few.

Its 795mm long with 28T outer and 26T inner. I've found a few websites, however not being sure of the exact specs of the donor I cant spec the correct shaft. I've looked on super 7th heaven, but still none the wiser.

Any help is always appreciated.

nick205 - 31/3/17 at 08:23 AM

I refurbished my donor Sierra driveshafts. A few years ago, but you could buy a kit of parts to do it, which included a new metal can. You have to peen the end of the metal can close over the CV joint, but it held perfectly well and never leaked. IIRC the kit was £15-20 from my local Ford main dealer. The job took me a couple of hours per driveshaft. You'll need a vice to hold it while you work on it.

[Edited on 31/3/17 by nick205]

Toprivetguns - 31/3/17 at 08:38 AM

Thanks Nick. I'm always keen to DIY, however trying to find these parts is now becoming a challenge.

ian locostzx9rc2 - 31/3/17 at 08:40 AM

Most decent motor factors should be able to exchange them or get them refurbished for you .

nick205 - 31/3/17 at 10:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Toprivetguns
Thanks Nick. I'm always keen to DIY, however trying to find these parts is now becoming a challenge.

Speak to your local Ford dealer. The spares counter guy in mine was a real gem and helped out no end. He even asked me to take the finished car in for him to see - which I did.