Board logo

dash help
Stuart_B - 2/6/09 at 06:23 PM

hi all, well i am making a new dash for the indy, it is be made the same, bit of plywood, foam and black vinly, but with a koso dash, more savage buttons and oil pressure gauge.

but should i try and make a dash what goes right to the top of the bubble, or keep to the same what i have all ready got?

opinons please.
bubble screen fitted 1
bubble screen fitted 1

thanks

stuart

jeffw - 2/6/09 at 06:32 PM

Same shape as now.....would look odd all the way to the top of the aeroscreen

Cheffy - 2/6/09 at 06:39 PM

Hi Stuart,

Down to personal choice I guess but for me I would definately stick with similar to what you already have. I think it would look too bulky and just wrong to the top of the aero screen.

Mart.

PS Beaten to it by jeffw!

[Edited on 2/6/09 by Cheffy]

Mark G - 2/6/09 at 06:55 PM

Good luck with the new dash build. What koso are you going for and what engine do you have? There are some incompatabilities. For example I have an 893 blade engine and a koso rx1n and they don't like each other much.

Stuart_B - 2/6/09 at 07:00 PM

i have a pinto. the koso XR-SR one.

jacko - 2/6/09 at 07:14 PM

Hi this is how i made mine
Jacko
[img][/img]

Stuart_B - 2/6/09 at 07:20 PM

how have you done that jakco, is taht so you do not underside of the aero screen?

Humbug - 2/6/09 at 07:22 PM

I was going to say... it wouldn't come to the top of the aeroscreen, assuming the screen overlaps the cabin a bit. I think Jacko's dash looks quite neat like that - if you make a one piece dash it would give a smooth finish right the way up to the screen.

You could make the basic dash big enough to fill the gap then put it in place to see how it looks. If you don't like it you can then cut it down.

jacko - 2/6/09 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Stuart_B
how have you done that jakco, is that so you do not underside of the aero screen?

Hi the filler bit that goes up under the aero screen is 14g alloy covered in leatherette and trapped behind the original dash it stops the screen flexing too
Jacko

vinnievector - 2/6/09 at 07:48 PM

probably a good idea to move gear leaver back will give you more scope with your dash design vin.
However i had a prob with the separation on my indicators, i just noticed you have yours mounted on the end of your light bars. problem solved Cheers Stuart and you didn't need to type a thing .

[Edited on 2/6/09 by vinnievector]

Stuart_B - 11/6/09 at 08:12 PM

i have decide, to keep the same dash type, and jsut the new digital dash, oil pressure and 3 savage switch's

thanks for all the help.

stuart