Board logo

Ford Cortina Mk1 2door
vtecmike - 9/10/13 at 05:39 PM

My 1963 Ford Cortina Mk1 pre-airflow , 1200cc deluxe, 2door, lhd.

The car is in very good original condition .The car runs and drives well and i have just covered 500miles in her this week.I use her as much as i can as its such a fun car to drive around in.

There is some slight surface rust coming through in a couple of places but is very minor and almost a shame to repair.The car is very solid , floors , chassis etc.I can supply lots of photos if interested.

The odemeter reads 30,000kms , whether this is correct is anyones guess but the engine runs great and the conditon of the interior would perhaps confirm this.

I have the french logbook in my name and she also has just had a CT,( french Mot).

The car will be brought back to the UK and would be available in the Kent area.

Thanks for looking.

doobrychat - 9/10/13 at 05:43 PM

pics and price please?

vtecmike - 9/10/13 at 05:46 PM

Im looking for around 6000quid for it . Not sure how to post pictures but can email them if you want to Pm me.

It is a great little car and i use it as much as possible.

thanks

Mike

britishtrident - 9/10/13 at 06:19 PM

A 1200 is particularly rare --- due to the well known engine bearing problems.

vtecmike - 9/10/13 at 08:25 PM

Yes they did have that rep! Im too young to know about them when they were current but my dad told me about it. This one is sweet though!

ReMan - 9/10/13 at 09:38 PM

One of my bucket list cars, I guess partly as my dad had an estate, partly as there a nice size/proportion and defuinatly due to the ice cream van rear lights

slingshot2000 - 9/10/13 at 11:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
One of my bucket list cars, I guess partly as my dad had an estate, partly as there a nice size/proportion and defuinatly due to the Ban The Bomb van rear lights

Fixed !

vtecmike - 10/10/13 at 05:20 AM

yes they are certainly a cool looking car in the 2 door version , big rear wings and them rear lights. I get the thumbs up from loads of people when cruising about!
And ofcourse the lotus cortina....

britishtrident - 10/10/13 at 03:07 PM

A 2 dooor is just asking for a white & green paint job and a Twink+2000e box

steve m - 10/10/13 at 05:30 PM

" and defuinatly due to the Ban The Bomb van rear lights "

I stand to be corrected, but I am sure it was only the saloon that had the "ban the bomb" rear lights
the estate and vans had one above the other arrangment

vtecmike - 10/10/13 at 05:34 PM

I dont know about that

This car does need to be built into a cool retro car really!

vtecmike - 17/10/13 at 04:50 PM

any one fancy buying my mk1 cortina . loads of photos available!

Linky with some photos

http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C440528

mike