Board logo

WTD: (OT) Laptop
Mr G - 27/11/11 at 12:47 PM

Afternoon gents,

As title I'm after a laptop for a family member that's going to be given as a prezzie, really don't want to use the bay due to getting something misdescribed with no battery life etc etc.

The usual suspects spec wise, dual core @ 2ghz, min 2gb ram, 80gb+ hdd, built in wireless, DVD drive, 15" screen, good battery etc etc. Needs to be able to run win7 without driver issues.

Much rather hand over the dosh to a forum member here so there's £150 to play with

Wotcha got

Cheers

G

tegwin - 27/11/11 at 02:23 PM

I have a Toshia u400 you can have for £150.

13.3" LCD screen
Intel Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz
3Gb RAM
150Gb HDD
Win7
Built in Webcam, Wifi, DVD-RW drive.

Not cosmetically perfect (hence price), but works fine. Has been back to tosh for a new screen as the previous owner was a tit!

graememk - 27/11/11 at 08:40 PM

if you can stretch to £200 i can sort you out a brand new open box unit with a years warranty.

Mr G - 28/11/11 at 04:16 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
I have a Toshia u400 you can have for £150.

13.3" LCD screen
Intel Core2 Duo 1.8Ghz
3Gb RAM
150Gb HDD
Win7
Built in Webcam, Wifi, DVD-RW drive.

Not cosmetically perfect (hence price), but works fine. Has been back to tosh for a new screen as the previous owner was a tit!

Thanks for offering it up but really after something with a bit bigger screen and in good enough nick cosmetically to give as a present. Cheers again though.

Graeme - Stepping up into a different ballpark there really, whats the make/model/spec you can supply?

Cheers

G

graememk - 28/11/11 at 05:07 PM

what ever come in at the right price today it was hp compaq, tomorrow might be packard bell. who cares what it is when your paying £200 ish for a new one.

if you give me a mobile number or email address i can keep you up to day with what i can get hold of