Board logo

Sierra 3.14 Diff Wanted
crafty - 15/2/12 at 07:02 AM

Anyone got one, have a mate with an R500 that is looking for one.

He would prefer new - anyone know where to get one?

big_l - 15/2/12 at 07:46 AM

Good luck mate !!! There rare as rocking poo . The best I could find was a new 3.63 diff and a second hand crown wheel and pinnion !!

He will be looking at paying about £200 for the crown wheel and prob the same if you can find a new diff to put it into.

I no there is a place that sells brand new crown wheel and pinnions for £450 ring Baz at Mk he told me about them !

wilkingj - 15/2/12 at 09:08 AM

You could also look for a 3.38 its not exactly the right ratio you want, but is nearer than 3.63.
Probably slightly cheaper as well. Still fairly rare, and not dirt cheap either!

crafty - 15/2/12 at 10:54 AM

This particular R500 is as "un-locost" as they come,..... it has a 2.3 Minster Duratec, Nitron Shocks, Emerald ECU,Geartronics shifter, Carbon Fiber dive planes and passenger cover, Rial Wheels,... etc etc etc...... cost is not the issue, its actually finding one. New would be a preference.

crafty - 15/2/12 at 11:01 AM

YOUTUBE LINK... of it murdering the opposition on the start of a 500km race a couple of months back. It missed qualifying due to a driveshaft problem and started at the back of the pack, it was in 2nd place by the time they came past on the first lap.

loggyboy - 15/2/12 at 11:11 AM

Dont Mitchell Cotts make new diffs - well says here they do:
http://www.gearboxes.com/powertrain.html