Board logo

Wtd Car Ramps - Sheffield Rotherham Chesterfield area
r1_pete - 22/2/16 at 03:43 PM

Anyone local to me got a pair of car ramps, I can beg, borrow or buy........

I had a pair and lent them out long term as it was easier than falling over them in the garage, but can't remember who has them now ...

A loan would probably be for a month or so, as I've a fair bit of work to do...

Cheers.

Pete.

ash_hammond - 22/2/16 at 06:47 PM

Does it have to be ramps pete? I have lots of quite high axle stands you can borrow.

r1_pete - 22/2/16 at 07:05 PM

Cheers Ash.
I figured a pair of ramps under the back wheels and stsnds at the front woul give a bit more stability, I need the front nice and high as the engine comes out underneath..

I have a pair of decent stands but no ramps.

ash_hammond - 22/2/16 at 07:14 PM

My neighbor has a pair, but he may not lend to a "friend of a friend". Let me ask.

mark chandler - 22/2/16 at 07:20 PM

Having as a youth put my SD1 rover on ramps and axle stands to change the gearbox oil make sure you get them the right way around.

I drove forward onto the ramps then jacked the back up, learnt very quickly how fast I can exit from under a car as it started to move about then watched it fall backwards and roll off the ramps until the rear braked wheels hit the floor.

Lesson learnt, I will never crawl under a car just on axle stands all around, braked wheels must be on the ramps and even then I would wince and think twice before pushing and pulling anything about.

AvonJas - 22/2/16 at 07:31 PM

I've got a pair your welcome to borrow, no hurry to get them back.

Grimsdale - 23/2/16 at 01:20 PM

a pair in chesterfield if you need them

rash12 - 23/2/16 at 07:38 PM

pair in sunny scunny if you need to borrow some mate