Board logo

Any one know the name of these?
Errol - 13/6/06 at 02:23 PM

does anyone know what the name of these headlights are? Rescued attachment CIMG2712.jpg
Rescued attachment CIMG2712.jpg

PaulBuz - 13/6/06 at 02:43 PM

No idea
But when we find out I'll deffo go for a pair as well!
they're gorgeous!!

rayward - 13/6/06 at 02:51 PM

tom_loughlin has them on his car, think they were from a company called custom wizard.

might be worth a u2u?.

Ray

rpsmith - 13/6/06 at 03:01 PM

Here i think

http://www.custom-wizard.com/acatalog/Dou23.html

Richard

[Edited on 13/6/06 by rpsmith]

David Jenkins - 13/6/06 at 03:07 PM

If they are bike lights, then they won't pass SVA on a car. But if you've already passed...

David

Hammerhead - 13/6/06 at 03:22 PM

Why wont bike lights pass sva? UK spec bike lights dip to the left like cars do, so whats the diff?

chockymonster - 13/6/06 at 03:44 PM

£109 each? Ouch!

Marcus - 13/6/06 at 04:04 PM

Don't bike lights dip straight down?

Ahh, je suis un posting freak!!

[Edited on 13/6/06 by Marcus]

leto - 13/6/06 at 04:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by chockymonster
£109 each? Ouch!

Something a little more locost?
headlamp
headlamp

tom_loughlin - 13/6/06 at 05:37 PM

That made me jump a bit when i saw a pic of my baby then!
the lights are from a company called custom wizard, as per the link above, but are not sva friendly - theyre american dip, and unless you want extra pods under them, as they dont have sidelights in, thats abother fail point, as well as them having sharp edges.
My round ones fell off somewhere between shrewsbury and home, so my only option was to put those ones back on

Tom

Confused but excited. - 13/6/06 at 08:10 PM

Leto
Do tell us more about those headlights.
Nice job.

leto - 13/6/06 at 08:54 PM

It is the genius stroke by my friend and garage companion Olle. He was dragged along to IKEA by his wife and found something use full! He noticed a stainless salad bowl and realized that a 8” headlamp might just fit. And it did! The chrome ring that holds the reflector is from early Volvo 240 and you have to be a little persuasive to make it fit. The bowls are something like 2£ a piece, IIRC.

Viper - 13/6/06 at 09:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by leto
It is the genius stroke by my friend and garage companion Olle. He was dragged along to IKEA by his wife and found something use full! He noticed a stainless salad bowl and realized that a 8” headlamp might just fit. And it did! The chrome ring that holds the reflector is from early Volvo 240 and you have to be a little persuasive to make it fit. The bowls are something like 2£ a piece, IIRC.

ingenious mate.............
well impressed

Hammerhead - 14/6/06 at 07:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Marcus
Don't bike lights dip straight down?

I don't know, but if they do why would they have UK spec and european specs? Only wondering cos I have bike lights I want to fit.

Peteff - 14/6/06 at 08:24 AM

Some do and some dip normally, forward dipping lamps are legal on bikes but not cars. Bike MOT allows tape on the glass for lamps which dip the wrong way but I doubt if SVA would allow this fix.