Board logo

GSXR TB's
TangoMan - 23/1/07 at 09:04 PM

I am fitting GSXR750 TB's to my Zetec but am unsure about the fuel rail. I started out by cutting and extending it with rubber hose but am not happy that it will cope with the pressure.
What has everyone done with theirs?
My next thought is to extend the pipes by welding in stainless pipe but am unsure if the originals are stainless or some other type of metal (except the ally one).
I am at the stage where I need to fit these now so am looking for some inspiration.

coozer - 23/1/07 at 09:53 PM

Get some copper pipe the correct size and make your own. If you have a few past PPC mags they did it for one of the staff cars.

Solder it up, nice and solid.

TangoMan - 23/1/07 at 11:51 PM

Do you remeber how they sealed the pipe into the injector holders.
They fit standard with a rubber O ring but this fits into a deep groove in th pipe, which is thick wall stuff.
If using copper or other pipe there is not sufficient wall thickness for an O ring groove so I am guessing they bonded it in with something permanent and fuel resistant.

nre - 24/1/07 at 09:05 AM

Get some new bits of alloy made up like I did:

Reuse the original O-rings and tap & bond in the new end fittings for feed and return. Been going strong since April...

More info on my site!

Cheers!
Neil

mike.williams1 - 24/1/07 at 10:43 AM

i have a fuel rail similar to the one above for sale if your interested i bought it a little while ago from this site but never got round to using it

TangoMan - 24/1/07 at 07:09 PM

u2u sent.