Board logo

buttonless & contactless immobiliser?
loggyboy - 16/5/12 at 03:50 PM

Anyone know of any you can still buy?
Clifford used to to a virtualkey product that was just a tag dangling from your key chain that was detected by the imobilser, much like modern cars. I dont really want a buttoned or contact type one.

big_wasa - 16/5/12 at 04:00 PM

Toad do one for about £50 TOAD STERLING THATCHAM CAT 2 TRANSPONDER IMMOBILISER | eBay

You can get budget ones for sub £30 UNIVERSAL RFID Transponder Immobiliser RFID-TRIM02 | eBay

blakep82 - 16/5/12 at 04:00 PM

I got a Toad transponder immobiliser off ebay for about £55 the other week. plenty on there, and imo, toad are right up there with clifford. serling ecel i think is the proper model name for it. plenty on there too, all instructions for diy installation too, as well as an insurance certificate to er, have filled out by 'a qualified installer'

adithorp - 16/5/12 at 04:04 PM

Search "transponder immobiliser"

Lots out there like this

loggyboy - 16/5/12 at 04:10 PM

Cheers guys, transponder seems to be the key word I was missing on my search attempts!

aka_shortie - 16/5/12 at 04:15 PM

Another recommendation for the Toad.

loggyboy - 16/5/12 at 04:19 PM

Does anyone know the range of the pickup on them? are we talking feet or inches? Ie was thinking in my pocket with sensor behind dash, or in my pocket with sensor in trans-tunnel/under seat?

[Edited on 16/5/12 by loggyboy]

big_wasa - 16/5/12 at 04:23 PM

very low power, so it needs to be near the aerial.

RickRick - 16/5/12 at 05:31 PM

mine got the loop in the side of the seat, and transponder in my pocket, good for confusing mates, go on if you can start it you can take it for a spin

SALAD - 16/5/12 at 06:05 PM

I pulled a Toad out of the Chavalier I broke for the engine......took an immobiliser out too! HA.....I'm here all week

bi22le - 16/5/12 at 06:25 PM

Sort range.

I have my induction loop behind the dash under the electric isolator.

mad4x4 - 16/5/12 at 07:56 PM

Mine is on the keys and I wiggle it near the column never had much of a problem... Coil is looped round ignition barrle