Board logo

Trackday camera app for android?
andrew-theasby - 6/11/12 at 09:58 PM

Hi, does anyone know if theres such a thing as an app for android phones that uses gps to overlay a track map on your video?

rotax78 - 6/11/12 at 10:18 PM

not an android app. but this allows you to overlay gps data from your android phone. If you have megasquirt you can also overlay logs from that too. linky

Trollyjack - 6/11/12 at 10:21 PM

I've used racechrono

linky

works on smartphones windows and android linky

very good and its free

cheers

bi22le - 6/11/12 at 10:23 PM

aLapHD does the lot.

I use trackmaster though.

I then capture my own video, sound and use my phone as a datat logger only. Planning on using this set up in a couple of weeks for the second time with a blue tooth GPS to get 5 Hz data. ALL phones are 1 HZ so have blocky track location and speed data.

I use Race Render to sync and do the rest.

I have done loads of reading and testing on this so if you have questions, ask.

Check out my below link of the finished results without the 5Hz.

UncleFista - 6/11/12 at 11:22 PM

"Torque" for android.

It connects to a bluetooth OBD scanner and records all your engine info/GPS track/speed etc. and there's also a plug-in called "track recorder" which records video and overlays whatever info you like and google map etc.

I've not messed with it much, but looks excellent.

[Edited on 6/11/12 by UncleFista]

andrew-theasby - 7/11/12 at 11:46 AM

Thanks guys, its only a basic, one I want for the weekend at blyton, so ive downloaded alaprecorder hd for free to try that, will try some of the others next time. Cheers

bi22le - 7/11/12 at 12:02 PM

quote:
Originally posted by UncleFista
"Torque" for android.

It connects to a bluetooth OBD scanner and records all your engine info/GPS track/speed etc. and there's also a plug-in called "track recorder" which records video and overlays whatever info you like and google map etc.

I've not messed with it much, but looks excellent.

[Edited on 6/11/12 by UncleFista]

Thats an impressive amount of info. I have a Omex 710 so I dont think it has OBD2 and therefore cant pull all that info with ease. A shame really.