Board logo

Resetting the odometer on a VDO gauge
Irony - 24/2/15 at 01:51 PM

I bought a set of VDO gauges on here for Scootz I think ages ago. The electric speedo has the digital odometer at the bottom but it's not set at 00000000. It is used. Is there anyway at all to reset the electrics to zero for my IVA?

robertst - 24/2/15 at 07:59 PM

I'm also having this issue, and from what i've been able to find, there doesnt appear to be a simple "push the button" way to do this (i guess for fraud reasons, imagine if you could reset the odometer that easily) so i guess the only way would be to get into the electronics themselves, like reprogramming a chip or something.

kingster996 - 24/2/15 at 11:35 PM

I'd be interested too. Bought used speedo and yet to connect it to see how many miles it has.

Obviously won't be easy as they are supplied as non resettable for IVA aren't they?

Chris_Xtreme - 25/2/15 at 09:11 AM

try dropping these guys a mail.. I am fairly sure when I have chatted to them before, they have said they can reset it / set it. (I had one fail and bought a new one and I think they said they could continue it from where the previous one left off) assuming it is an electric speedo.

http://www.etbinstruments.com/

Irony - 25/2/15 at 09:41 AM

I need to purchase a speed sensor kit from them so I shall ask and post my findings here.

Irony - 25/2/15 at 01:48 PM

Phoned ETB and they said it is possible to reset the odometer back to zero but it requires them to do it and they require proof that the car is newly registered. So I would need to provide a filled out IVA form and photos etc.