Board logo

Recommend me a car cover
bigbravedave - 13/12/12 at 04:32 PM

Ok so the rare times a throw a cover over one my cars its an old sheet or blanket, But I was thinking for Christmas I could buy the old man an indoor car cover to through over his recently resprayed classic . (yes he is one of them guys who has all he wants and is impossible to buy for)

So can anyone recommend a good indoor car cover, I was thinking he might like it more if it had a logo on it.

I have no idea where to start with this (do they scratch paint?)

jacko - 13/12/12 at 04:57 PM

Have a look on ebay there is some nice covers on there with name plates
Jacko

bi22le - 14/12/12 at 12:22 AM

I use halfords outdoors premium but my car actually lives outdoors!

No advice pn fixing logos or such like to it though.

coyoteboy - 14/12/12 at 01:28 PM

I'm interested in this too because my tin top lives outdoors but doesn't get used for half the year. I don't want to trap moisture inside and I don't believe that breathable fabrics work unless there's a temp difference across them (causing the moisture to turn to vapour and leave that way), so it leaves me wondering if it's worth it at all. Especially when high winds could cause paint damage even on clean bodywork?

beaver34 - 15/12/12 at 08:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
I'm interested in this too because my tin top lives outdoors but doesn't get used for half the year. I don't want to trap moisture inside and I don't believe that breathable fabrics work unless there's a temp difference across them (causing the moisture to turn to vapour and leave that way), so it leaves me wondering if it's worth it at all. Especially when high winds could cause paint damage even on clean bodywork?

ive kept my classic vw camper under a stormforce cover this year and that bare metal thats been great keeps it dry when its battering it down and it has really rusted so that a bonus

coyoteboy - 15/12/12 at 01:44 PM

Lol, maybe bare metal is am unfair test!