Board logo

4x4 Build. Body delivered, just engine, rust, and electrics to sort...!
WesBrooks - 27/1/16 at 04:18 PM

Afternoon all.

Project build is progressing nicely. Just passed a major milestone with the delivery of the body from FourWD Engineering. It's a body conversion based on a Land Rover discovery. Running gear will be relatively standard other than a 2" lift, new scratch built loom, and 33" Tyres. I'm currently planning to rebuild the motor and drop in a blower cam to keep torque low with a mild increase in power. I'd like to blue print the heads for efficiency, but not tune them to push power up the rev range. I've no illusions about this being a fast road car - it'll weigh close to 2 ton! It shouldn't be pedestrian with the 200bhp target, and besides live axles, mud tyres, and no ABS reduces the desire to explore the limits on tarmac!

http://doctrucker.wordpress.com

[Edited on 27/1/16 by WesBrooks]

nick205 - 27/1/16 at 04:49 PM

Looks interesting and refreshingly different from a 7 type build.

Out of interest, do you have to IVA the vehicle or is it classed as simply re-bodying the vehicle?

WesBrooks - 27/1/16 at 06:07 PM

I have to register the body change with the DVLA but it doesn't need IVA. Trying to build to IVA standard where practical. At the momemt I think the bull-bar wouldn't pass but the rest should be ok with the addition of mudflaps.

nick205 - 28/1/16 at 09:47 AM

OK - seems an easy way of doing it and avoiding the long inspection!