Board logo

Striker front bottom balljoint? help asap!
StrikerChris - 13/6/13 at 08:04 PM

Hi
Mot'ing the striker Saturday morning, and need a bottom ball joint on the front.if I remember rightly its modified capri uprights, does this mean its just a capri bottom balljoint needed? Left it abit late I know but cant find a receipt for one so I assume they came with the uprights after raw modified them for me.
Cheers in advance

Chris

striker-4age - 13/6/13 at 08:16 PM

Think they r Sherpa m8

StrikerChris - 13/6/13 at 08:23 PM

Is that not the top ball joint? Im probably wrong but I thought the BL joint was the top one that screws into the upright, on an inch/inch and a half thread and a taper into top wishbone. The bottom one on mine fits into the upright in a taper and is screwed into the wishbone.much like a trackrod end but beefier!

Chris

clairetoo - 13/6/13 at 08:43 PM

Dunno if its the same as the Fury , but that uses a Sherpa track rod end - right hand one . The screw-in top joint is a metro one I believe .

[Edited on 13/6/13 by clairetoo]

StrikerChris - 13/6/13 at 08:49 PM

Ah right. Looks like a rumage through wrexham motor supplies "room full of crap we've not shifted in years room" tomorrow then!

Cheers

Chris

bigfoot4616 - 13/6/13 at 09:24 PM

quote:
Originally posted by clairetoo
Dunno if its the same as the Fury , but that uses a Sherpa track rod end - right hand one . The screw-in top joint is a metro one I believe .

that's what's on my striker with capri/rs2000 uprights

BDMStriker - 14/6/13 at 02:11 PM

LDV sherpa track rod ends are the bottom balljoints (both RHT)

the uppers are vauxhall chevette

Sylva build striker, not sure if theres any difference on the Raw builds,