Board logo

Sources of information for Build?
EasyJimbo - 6/10/08 at 07:40 AM

All

I have just order my indy kit and am now working on getting as many streams of information that will help me build the car. I am very new to all this and so its going to be a very sharpe learning curve for me. How has everyone else gone about working on what goes where and what is required. Is the haynes manual for the sierra as much as you need with the build guide supplied.
Apreciate your advice and opinions.
James

graememk - 6/10/08 at 08:33 AM

i found the most helpfull people at this web site.

martyn_16v - 6/10/08 at 09:09 AM

I don't think I've looked at the Haynes manual since I killed the donor, and the build manual got 'filed' as soon as I got home with the kit

You can find what you're after here more often than not. It's also worth bookmarking a load of decent build diaries for all types of sevens for pictures and inspiration

scotlad - 6/10/08 at 11:18 AM

You'll find almost everything mentioned here in Hellfire's build diary.

http://hellfire.locostsites.co.uk/

[Edited on 6/10/08 by scotlad]

jabbahutt - 6/10/08 at 11:29 AM

agree with all the above. Use the MK manual as a guide to what order to attach things and then search this site for that item to see how everyone has done it.

If you can't find photos post what you're after in the MK section and I bet someone will have a photo to help out.

Google MK Indy build diary and you'll come up with several, a couple in Holland were really good with donor parts etc.

Good luck with the build and enjoy yourself.

Nigel

liamb - 6/10/08 at 12:29 PM

Hi James.

I am building a MAC#1 but it is very similar so feel free to have a read of my build blog which you will find at

www.kitcarbuild.co.uk

Best of luck with the build

Liam