Board logo

Way OT - work mobiles
speedyxjs - 15/7/09 at 03:33 PM

We currently have our work mobiles from BT but they are apparently ending the service (£5 per phone per month + calls) so we need to find another service.
We have 5 phones, each used about 40 minutes total per month. We are thinking along the lines of PAYG but will need to keep the phones topped up.
Are their any contract options that are quite cheap?

fesycresy - 15/7/09 at 03:53 PM

We've got 12 phones with O2, they seem the cheapest we've used.

They are used heavily mind.

b16mts - 15/7/09 at 04:11 PM

i know its not a work phone, but i have a personal phone contract with orange that i use quite alot, though i am seriously considering swapping to ASDA pay as you go. no minimum top up, 8p per min calls all the time, and 4p per text. plus its only 20p/mb for data usage, so one hell of alot cheaper than my contract! plus they use the vodaphone network, so reception should be fine.

Martin

Pdlewis - 15/7/09 at 04:31 PM

another vote for 02 if you have phone you could use their simplicity whcih is a phoneless contract (30 day notice) with about 100mins and texts for £12 or £15 a month cant remmeber the exact figure

speedyxjs - 15/7/09 at 04:59 PM

quote:
Originally posted by b16mts
i know its not a work phone, but i have a personal phone contract with orange that i use quite alot, though i am seriously considering swapping to ASDA pay as you go. no minimum top up, 8p per min calls all the time, and 4p per text. plus its only 20p/mb for data usage, so one hell of alot cheaper than my contract! plus they use the vodaphone network, so reception should be fine.

Martin

BT use the vodaphone network which is s**t around here

fov - 15/7/09 at 05:12 PM

O2 business works great for me though I only have 3 on my contract.
Great to deal with.

iank - 15/7/09 at 08:34 PM

If you are keeping the phones and they aren't locked (or unlockable) then check O2's SIM only contracts.
http://shop.o2.co.uk/sim-only-simplicity
I chose that for my phone when I had to get my own phone, partly because it was cheapest (at the time) for a light user and partly because of the 30day cancellation if they decide to muck me about.