Board logo

just paid my phone bill
theconrodkid - 2/5/12 at 07:56 PM

as title,it,s about £100 a quarter,i raerly make phone calls and really only use the line for the interweb or incoming calls so are there any other supliers out there (i wont use virgin) that i wont get grief with for less money?

JoelP - 2/5/12 at 08:08 PM

John, my solution is to do away with the landline entirely. Thus saving maybe £13 a month on line rental, and no prank calls.

For internet, i use a 3 mobile dongle. The modem is about £15, the sim card in it comes with 3gb on it and is currently about £8. It lasts up to 3 months. Videos would empty it quickly, but i avoid most vids and make it last about 6 to 8 weeks. When it runs out, chuck it rather than top it up.

So my internet costs about a fiver a month, and is mobile so works anywhere. Also means i dont then need an internet phone so my mobile is also only a tenner a month.

ReMan - 2/5/12 at 08:28 PM

I've been verty happy with PLUSNET £26 for everything including line rental and 8Gig internetness

steve m - 2/5/12 at 08:38 PM

John are you still using dial up ??

austin man - 2/5/12 at 10:47 PM

I use talk talk there are free landline calls after a certain time unlimited internet and line rental for around the £75.00 mark paid monthly at £26.00

[Edited on 2/5/12 by austin man]

theconrodkid - 3/5/12 at 07:05 AM

thanks for that,my mobile is on talk talk so i ll give them a shout.
steve,i have graduated to steam power now

steve m - 3/5/12 at 08:03 AM

M8, your gettting a bit ahead of yourself there, steam power!!
what ever next!

Peteff - 3/5/12 at 08:57 AM

Phones run on that new fangled lectrickery now. We are on an older Talk Talk and it's free local calls at all times. They keep trying to get us to sign a new contract which is less calls for same money by offering half price rental for 3 months but we are leaving it on a monthly rolling contract. Our broadband has been no trouble unlike a lot of people who seem to moan about it or have read on forums and just propagate the rumours, check how far you are from your local exchange. A friend of mine uses a 3 mobile dongle in his laptop and it is a bit temperamental round here (very annoying really)

James - 3/5/12 at 11:01 PM

We're on TalkTalk too for landline and broadband.

4 years and no problems with it yet.

We have the cheapest deal so free calls Sat and Sun.

Cheers,
James

kjouk - 4/5/12 at 08:20 AM

I have just moved to Sky (just phone & broadband) for a fairly decent price, not the cheapest but a genuine unlimited service. So far working out fine, connection at least as good as BT.

puma931 - 4/5/12 at 08:54 AM

I am with orange (icludes line rental) and they off broadband and second line for free UK & international calls. Costs about £35 per month, sometimes more if you call 0845 numbers.

David Jenkins - 4/5/12 at 12:30 PM

I used BT for the landline and PlusNet for t'internet, and I was also paying £90 - £100 per quarter for the phone. Moved my phone to PlusNet and cut the phone bill in half!

The only thing that peeves me is that I'm still obliged to pay around £13 to BT for line rental (via PlusNet)