Board logo

TV Soundbar
perksy - 11/12/12 at 06:21 PM

Decided to invest in a soundbar for the flat screen TV

Don't fancy cables of tracking around the room so going for a soundbar
(No problem with having a separate Bass unit as it can live under the TV unit)

Any recommendations on what to buy please ?

Heard good things about Phillips & Panasonic ?

Thanks

AndyW - 11/12/12 at 07:27 PM

Ive been looking to, but im going to wait til after christmas. I have seen the Sony HT CT260 which seems good value. Had a demo in a store but cant really gauge how good it really is. My mother in law has just got one so when i get a chance I will be able to hear it in a home situ.

If you find any other which sound great I would be interested to hear which you liked/ disliked

PSpirine - 11/12/12 at 07:33 PM

You could always just get a set of pair hi-fi speakers with an amp hooked up to the telly - that's what I have and it's the best sound! You obviously don't get surround sound, but in terms of frequency response and clarity it's spot on.

deltron63 - 11/12/12 at 08:18 PM

I've got a yamaha sound bar with a rel sub. Still not as good as full blown surround.

emlyno - 11/12/12 at 08:28 PM

I have a Auna WLS7 soundbar with wireless subwoofer that I am wanting to move on.
I'm in Shrewsbury so if you're interested let me know.

jossey - 11/12/12 at 08:37 PM

Same as above I have been looking to but I want the fake 7.1 ones and ill wait till after Xmas.

Samsung ones are cr@p.

Although I have a Samsung 50"tv

Best thing to do I go see some me thinks.

PAUL FISHER - 11/12/12 at 10:14 PM

Go for a full surround system, you might have to a few wires under the carpet, but a good system will be well worth the effort, a big step up from a sound bar.

GeoffT - 12/12/12 at 09:41 AM

I resurrected some old Videologic 5.1 computer speakers I had laying around, just used them as a 2.1 stereo setup plugged into the tv headphone socket.

Sounds really good, as much bass as you want and as a bonus they still operate from the tv volume control..

[Edited on 12/12/12 by GeoffT]

Jasper - 14/12/12 at 11:05 AM

Don't believe the hype about soundbars, they do not give you anything like a surround sound experience, you might as well just have regular front speakers and save your money.

It really is worth investing the time into a proper 5.1 system