Board logo

pug 307 rear caliper?
Moorron - 5/8/07 at 01:04 PM

Anyone help me with the 2001 pug rear caliper? trying to stick new pads in and cant push the piston of the caliper back in, thought it would b like my reno 5 and have to turn the piston to screw it back in, but it doesnt seem to be going anywere on this 307.

I havent got a haynes for it so am stuck.

HELP!

madrallysport - 5/8/07 at 01:59 PM

You need to turn it and keep pressure on the piston, if not you'll spin it all day, i use a g-clamp normally, i turn the piston slowly and try and tighten the g-clamp as i go. hope this helps.

mike.williams1 - 5/8/07 at 06:58 PM

you have to wind the piston in on these

andybod - 5/8/07 at 07:19 PM

where in the midlands are you if your not too far from burton ont trent i have a caliper wind back kit your welcome to borrow

Moorron - 6/8/07 at 09:15 AM

I managed to wind it round (clockwise) with a pair of pliers, but i must have done this thru 10 or more turns and it didnt move in at all?

Do i need to 'lock' the back of the piston to stop the whole thing rotating or has something broke causing it to rotate freely?

Thanks for the offer Andybod, its alittle to far, im going to order one from GSF as its cheaper to buy one then travel to yours (14 mpg makes it easier to convince myself everything is cheaper to buy lol)

What does the wind in tool look like? is it just a handle that sites into the grooves on the piston, or does it apply pressure to the piston also?

Thanks guys.