Board logo

Raffo Belva
givemethebighammer - 22/6/08 at 08:47 PM

Did anyone else see the Raffo Belva for sale at Newark ? I'd never seen one before, so I did a bit of digging when I got home. Great looking car (IMHO), anyone had any experience of them ?

http://www.madabout-kitcars.com/126/126picgallery.htm

locoR1 - 22/6/08 at 08:59 PM

I spotted it as well planed do a bit of research on it as well,
It go me thinking of another build /restoration I really liked it with a few tweaks hear and there to bring it up to date could be a really nice car.

donut - 22/6/08 at 09:06 PM

They are quite rare and pretty good so i'm told.

ReMan - 22/6/08 at 09:09 PM

Was it the blue one near the Locost's
If it was I meant to take a picture and got distracted by a certain yellow turbo thing

locoR1 - 22/6/08 at 09:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ReMan got distracted by a certain yellow turbo thing

It wasn’t blue if I remember right it was Yellow and outside the main exhibition hall shame I forgot to take a picture,
but it’s the first car I’ve seen in along time that’s got me thinking of another project!

givemethebighammer - 22/6/08 at 09:34 PM

Yep, it was the one next to the door to the main exhibition hall thought it was more of a faded red myself. Can't remember exactly what it was up for, around the £7000 mark I think. There's something about it I really like, I'm just not sure what.

locoR1 - 22/6/08 at 09:44 PM

Your right it was red I've just found it for sale "Here"

ReMan - 22/6/08 at 09:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by locoR1
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan got distracted by a certain yellow turbo thing

It wasn’t blue if I remember right it was Yellow and outside the main exhibition hall shame I forgot to take a picture,
but it’s the first car I’ve seen in along time that’s got me thinking of another project!

I'm thinking of the blue thing that was behind your car, shows how much notice I took, what was that then?

mr henderson - 23/6/08 at 07:44 AM

There was a blue one o Ebay recently, I think it went for a bit over £5,000. The red one LocoR1 linked to is asking £7750. It's not a lot for a car of that spec, so suggests that they are actually not very popular at all.

Wonder what the problem is, and presumably it's the same problem that led to its demise in the first place, I can;t imagine that the project would have folded with a full order book.

John

Humbug - 23/6/08 at 09:43 AM

I've seen a couple over the years and quite like the overall shape... sort of reminiscent of a cut-down Ferrari P4. Two aspects of the way it looks put me off though:

1. it looks like the doors are out of proportion - could do with being a foot longer

2. The way it slopes in above the window ledge level doesn't do it for me.

(IMHO... )

Simon

adithorp - 23/6/08 at 12:12 PM

There was a review of them in the Aug07 edition of Complete Kit Car. Were expensive to buy so didn't sell in big numbers then the owner sold the project on and retired to Italy. Total production about 10! Harlequin now own to rights.

I like the looks but it's a bit of a greenhouse on a sunny day.

adrian