Board logo

Carb Setup / RR Session Norfolk/East of England area
Norfolkluegojnr - 5/11/14 at 04:43 PM

Gents,

Nearing completion on the refresh of the Gemini, and I need a knowledgeable person to setup my ZZR carbs/Crossflow for me.

The engine is still running a distributor, so no 'mapping' required, just carb setup, and ideally a power run on a dyno just for future reference.

Can anyone recommend a tuner who could help with this? closer to Norwich the better, but i'm happy to travel if necessary!

Thanks

BaileyPerformance - 5/11/14 at 04:50 PM

We would love to setup your X flow.

Day rate of £250, but probably wont need the full day. We will jet carbs, get fuelling right and optimize ignition timing on the dyno.

If you do decide to use us we need a full spec list of your engine and any details you have on your carbs.

I know it a long way to travel but we'll do our best to make sure its worth it!

www.baileyperformance.co.uk

www.facebook.com/baileyperformance

Cheers Dale.

AndyW - 5/11/14 at 04:52 PM

not used them but there is a rolling road tuner just outside Norwich called AP Tuning, I found them when I visited a customer of mine on the same industrial estate. Try here for link

coozer - 5/11/14 at 04:55 PM

Bogg Brothers, not too far up near Hull???

scutter - 5/11/14 at 04:57 PM

Just a suggestion, but would Dave Walker at Emerald in Watton be willing to do it.

ATB Dan.

Nickp - 5/11/14 at 07:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scutter
Just a suggestion, but would Dave Walker at Emerald in Watton be willing to do it.

ATB Dan.

Apart from he hates bike carbs and dizzys....

INDY BIRD - 5/11/14 at 07:39 PM

and ive spoken to them will only touch his stuff, shame at emerald

Turbo Tez - 5/11/14 at 09:31 PM

Another one for bogg brothers, very reasonable rates and they are the daddies with bike carbs on car engines. They have a web site but definitely worth giving them a call.

Norfolkluegojnr - 6/11/14 at 08:52 AM

Thanks Guys.

AP Tuning dont do carbs unfortunately.

Dale - have you got an email I can reach you on? i've heard goog things about your work.

Whereabouts are you?

BaileyPerformance - 6/11/14 at 09:01 AM

Hi,

dale.bladen@orange.net
07967 222967 (dyno noisy, txt better)

We are in the midlands, Tf12 5ez
:-)

Norfolkluegojnr - 6/11/14 at 09:04 AM

Great thanks - i'll be in touch. Got friends in Wolves so will convince the Mrs its a social visit!

BaileyPerformance - 6/11/14 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Norfolkluegojnr
Great thanks - i'll be in touch. Got friends in Wolves so will convince the Mrs its a social visit!

Ok great, please email a complete spec list if your engine, cam, ignition, carbs compression.

:-)

ChrisL - 7/11/14 at 05:48 PM

I've read good things about Pete Baldwin at Wilshers Garage in Wimpole and was thinking of going there when time and money allow...

http://www.wilshers-garages.com

rusty nuts - 7/11/14 at 07:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by ChrisL
I've read good things about Pete Baldwin at Wilshers Garage in Wimpole and was thinking of going there when time and money allow...

http://www.wilshers-garages.com

Peter has a very good reputation and is good with carbs but it would pay to give him a ring as I'm not sure if he is up to date with bike carbs. He made a huge difference to my cay when it ran a carb and clockwork ignition Good value for money!

ChrisL - 7/11/14 at 09:23 PM

Will do, cheers for the 'heads up'