Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: another project? Cobra??
Guinness

posted on 19/5/09 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Why build, when you can buy?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1012115.htm

My missus really wants a Cobra. The second hand values have just plumetted over the past year, to where I can't see it makes sense to build your own and IVA it.

Mike

Keith Tanner

posted on 22/5/09 at 11:24 PM Reply With Quote
By the way, here's what Factory Five has to say about the cost of building one of theirs. They regularly survey their customers to see how things are going.

quote:

Average customers spend between $22K and $24K dollars building their base Mk3 roadsters and it takes the average Joe less than 200 hours.

So that's the average with all the bling and the big motor guys combined with those who just rip apart a cheap Mustang and stick it inside a Cobra shell. That includes the price of the kit I believe.

www.slowcarfast.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
aka_shortie

posted on 10/6/11 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Marlon
Hi Kieth.

I don't know if this is the sort of thing that your after building but this is my father in law's pilgrim sumo.
We built it around four years ago for the tidy sum of around 12k. It is still in it's origional gel coat finish but you can't tell. It has a 3.5 rover v8 with underslung exhausts and as much chrome and leather as you can shake a stick at. I wouldn't have thought that it would cost that much more today to build somthing like it. I think that the hardest part of building it was deffinately the bodywork, was a real pita getting all the shut lines right on the doors and bonnet.

cob
cob

john.

Bumping an old thread i know, if your still on the site, any more info on the build? Have you got a build diary as i really like the look of that

franky

posted on 10/6/11 at 08:42 PM Reply With Quote
The best has to be the Gardner Douglas euro chassis one.

If I build again it'll be a modern themed one with an m5 lump, modern stack single dials. I worked out you could do it for £17k as I wouldn't be paying ££££'s for chrome parts!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.