Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Best V8 / v12 for turbo route??
turbodisplay

posted on 24/8/14 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Hi, been drawn to the M119 mercedes engine. Not yet been able to find an engine width yet, might have to contact an e bay seller to find out. Audi engine looks good, is that an FSI version? If so aftermarket ecu options are an issue.
As my car will be in the 1-1.1 tonne range, 300hp will not go quite as far as a 500kg car!

Thanks
Darren

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
coyoteboy

posted on 24/8/14 at 11:35 PM Reply With Quote
In what form factor. Quite a lot of transaxles (for mid engine rwd) but I'm not aware of any 'normal' rwd ones just yet. You wouldn't want a monster heavy v up front in a normal layout though...

Badger_McLetcher

posted on 25/8/14 at 01:14 AM Reply With Quote
If you're still interested in the 1UZ-FE, these may be useful to you:

Description
Description

Description
Description

It's a good lump, you should be able to get 4-500hp out of it with twin turbo's, if it's an early version you wouldn't even need to crack the head. They can cope with stupid power (up to 1000hp from memory) with a little modification, but tbh that's probably overkill on a small and light car. They do sound nice though
I've got one lying around my garage, if you want to know anything about them let me know. I was using it on a previous project which I have given up on to build my Haynes. Funnily it actually fits in the Haynes chassis - just:

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

If disfunction is a function, then I must be some kind of genius.

mark chandler

posted on 25/8/14 at 07:44 AM Reply With Quote
ZF auto has a bolted on bell housing and appeared in many different cars so maybe in one guise, the RV8 does not have the same bolt pattern as Audi, you can get adaptors to mate the Audi manual transaxle to RV8
big_wasa

posted on 25/8/14 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
In what form factor. Quite a lot of transaxles (for mid engine rwd) but I'm not aware of any 'normal' rwd ones just yet. You wouldn't want a monster heavy v up front in a normal layout though...

yes mid engine rwd.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.