Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Next project B.E.Ciecento?
ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 08:02 PM Reply With Quote
Next project B.E.Ciecento?

Ready to start a new project and as much as I'd like? a BEC Mini A) there's plenty of them already, B) They are silly money for a rotton shell that's going to need months of work before you start and C) I can't run to a composite mini shell ££££.

So, I am considering a Fiat Seicento BEC
You can pick up a decent car for £500 in one piece with mot etc anbd electric windows and a radio as standard!!

My thoughts are along the line of FWD, Fireblade engine, electric reverse on a small subframe built around the existing engine mounts/chassis.

So I'm interested in any thoughts or ideas, or tell me to get over it

eznfrank

posted on 30/5/09 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
i know of a nice little seicento in bradford with a dodgy piston ring going for about 200 sheets if you're interested. Not a bad little motor other than that. i also have a cinq that need a new home............unless the missus lets me blitzworld it that is!!!!
busakid

posted on 30/5/09 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
bec

i have been think the same idea over last few months think it would be great idea and something different than a mini
big_wasa

posted on 30/5/09 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
Yep ive had the same idea But must get this thing finished first.
Omni

posted on 30/5/09 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
Only problem is that it will still look like a feckin' FIAT lol
jimmyjoebob

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:18 PM Reply With Quote
Checkout Rav's photo archive - he was building a rear alfa v6 engined fiat cinquecento!

If at first you don't succeed, hide all evidence you ever tried!

eznfrank

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:25 PM Reply With Quote
or how about a busa engined 6r4 replica?? I've been thinking about that one for a while but it's just not gonna happen for me but would love to see it done!!
richard thomas

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
I always fancied doing one of those blue three wheeled 'disability' two stroke engined cars that used to be around, but I believe that they were all condemned to be scrapped off due to safety issues a few years ago....not sure if Morris or Reliant used to make them? Don't see them advertised any more - I was looking a while back....

MakeEverything

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:31 PM Reply With Quote
Or a Busa / R1 engine in a Fiat X1/9 or wedge shaped MR2...

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

MakeEverything

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by richard thomas
I always fancied doing one of those blue three wheeled 'disability' two stroke engined cars that used to be around, but I believe that they were all condemned to be scrapped off due to safety issues a few years ago....not sure if Morris or Reliant used to make them? Don't see them advertised any more - I was looking a while back....

Come to think of it, what about a Sinclair C5 with an R1 engine?? Now THAT would be lethal!

Kindest Regards,
Richard.

...You can make it foolProof, but youll never make it Idiot Proof!...

richard thomas

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:

Come to think of it, what about a Sinclair C5 with an R1 engine?? Now THAT would be lethal!

Turbocharged, of course!!

ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Omni
Only problem is that it will still look like a feckin' FIAT lol

Yep I agree, but I'll put up with that, to get one underway.
As said I just can't face months of rotton sills, doors, a posts, scuttles, floors subframes. been there 25 years ago, they havent got any better

ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Still a few to be had.
There was one for sale at Newark last year fully working about a £grand I think

ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
quote:

They were lethal with pedal power

ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank
i know of a nice little seicento in bradford with a dodgy piston ring going for about 200 sheets if you're interested. Not a bad little motor other than that. i also have a cinq that need a new home............unless the missus lets me blitzworld it that is!!!!

Really want to start with a "SPORTING" to get all the fast bits, but yes they come up with blown engines quite often too.

richard thomas

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ReMan
quote:

Still a few to be had.

I fondly remember one that used to howl it's way down the lane behind my Grandad's house years ago - used to wake me up in the mornings when I slept over!!

eznfrank

posted on 30/5/09 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by eznfrank

Really want to start with a "SPORTING" to get all the fast bits, but yes they come up with blown engines quite often too.

Sorry, should of said......this one is a yellow sporting!!!

ReMan

posted on 30/5/09 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
Should have said a yellow one would be my first choice
luke

posted on 30/5/09 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
i used to have a sei, great little cars!

they come standard as 0.9 or 1.1 engines. 1242 is a popular conversion using punto engines. ive also seen a few 1398 conversions and 1.1 and 1242 turbo engines. but theyre rare.

www.fiatforum.com

useful guys on there

froggy

posted on 30/5/09 at 11:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
quote:

Still a few to be had.

I fondly remember one that used to howl it's way down the lane behind my Grandad's house years ago - used to wake me up in the mornings when I slept over!!

i had one last year an ac invacar with a puch steyr 600cc flat twin in, i measured it up and a tl motor driving an upside down 7" sierra diff would drop in lovely and with a sleeve joint to mate the shafts up would be a doddle to do , they are getting close to single figures now for road legal cars and mine went to a collector in sweden ,glad i owned one but happy that it left me unscathed too

[IMG]http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r187/froggy_0[IMG]

Omni

posted on 31/5/09 at 07:55 AM Reply With Quote
A bit of inspiration http://www.truveo.com/Fiat-Cinquecento-racing-with-motorcycle-e ngine/id/317303431

O

Peteff

posted on 31/5/09 at 09:11 AM Reply With Quote
Invacars were banned from British roads because they were dangerously unstable with a 6hp engine, surely they would be even more dangerous with a more powerful engine ? Cinquecento and Seicentos are nice enough little motors and would be good choices and not break the bank.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

renrut

posted on 30/8/09 at 11:29 PM Reply With Quote
Be sure to use an inline engine rather than a V if you're planning on sticking it in the front. I have a V-twin which I originally thought might go in the front but because of the way the 90degree twin sits, to have the output shaft anywhere near central would mean having the 'front' cylinder resting on the passenger side wheel. A Blade engine should go quite nicely and if you drive using chain then it should all fit inside the front as is.

Sometimes I kind of wish I'd gone an got a blade engine instead of being clever and going for a torquier twin for my project...

Why are all the fun things in life expensive!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.