Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Paperwork advice - BEC middy based on Seicento
renrut

posted on 30/9/09 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
Paperwork advice - BEC middy based on Seicento

This being the very knowledgable and experienced forum for this sort of thing I thought I'd post my plea for help / information here.

I'm building a mid Bike engined Fiat Seicento for road use with the occasional track day. I know I'll almost certainly need an IVA for it (different engine, different rear end suspension, big mods to chassis). But I'm at a bit of a loss as to what I need paperwork wise to appease the DVLA etc?

The engine was bought for cash but still has Honda's engine number on it so I guess I can obtain all the relevant info on it (its a 2000 model engine).

As for the chassis although I still have the chassis plate with VIN number, the chassis number stamped into the chassis rail is in a location that will be cut/welded. What should I do about this? Stamp the same number in somewhere else or make up a new one or just leave it as is?

Will I need an additional inspection for the insurance bods even if its gone through IVA?

Any other bits of information I might need? Will I be asked to prove all the bits e.g. seats, belts, steering wheel and column etc are OEM and therefore type approved or will that be assumed considering its a modification of the original car?

The car won't be finished until well into next year but I figured its better to start thinking about these things now...

[Edited on 30/9/09 by renrut]

Why are all the fun things in life expensive!

renrut

posted on 18/1/10 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks to the huge number of replies I'm steaming ahead with this anyway

Big issues on reading a bit of a IVA manual are evidence of crumple zones

The Seicento didnt have them to begin with so I've no idea where I'm going to put them now. The front will be mostly filled up with fuel tank and spare wheel. Which leads me onto the problem with the fuel tank.

Its the bike one but as a result in a front impact it sits behind the front slam panel. So is that gonna be a problem too? Or should I try and relocate it into the back above the engine an equally disasterous location IMO (but it does make the fuel pipe routing easy). Seeing as IVA has been about for nearly a year now does anyone know how those rules are actually applied?

Why are all the fun things in life expensive!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.