Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: slick tyres ?
r1bob

posted on 18/7/10 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
slick tyres ?

Hi all, as per title my wheel size is 5"x13". can anyone recommend a slick tyre that will fit that rim for short sprint's/hill climb's and the occasional drag day.
phelpsa

posted on 18/7/10 at 06:01 PM Reply With Quote
A 16/53 michelin Formula Renault front would go on there, not ideal though as the wheels are a tad skinny.

The slick in this photo is a 16/53 on a 5x13:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
r1bob

posted on 18/7/10 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Hi phelpsa,, as long as they fit i'm not bothered,, any idea how much a corner? Do they come in different grade's of softness. Dont really want to be buying a new set of wheel's TBH, cheer's
phelpsa

posted on 18/7/10 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Guy on ebay was selling them for £15 a corner. Might be worth giving him a ring (he lists his number) and seeing what he's got in stock.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
phelpsa

posted on 18/7/10 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/130409891966

r1bob

posted on 22/7/10 at 06:04 PM Reply With Quote
Cheer's for the linky,, been in touch with the guy, and got set of 4 on the way, very reasonably priced, nice one!
phelpsa

posted on 22/7/10 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by r1bob
Cheer's for the linky,, been in touch with the guy, and got set of 4 on the way, very reasonably priced, nice one!

I've never bought tyres from him but was planning to over the winter! Glad to hear he's good to deal with

kjouk

posted on 23/7/10 at 08:41 PM Reply With Quote
I would be a bit wary of them, if they are not in a really really soft compound that would be too soft for circuits you won't get any heat in them on most sprints or hillclimbs.

Virtually everyone runs on Avon on the hills because they offer a wide range of sizes and compounds see BMTR but don't look at the prices

phelpsa

posted on 23/7/10 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by kjouk
I would be a bit wary of them, if they are not in a really really soft compound that would be too soft for circuits you won't get any heat in them on most sprints or hillclimbs.

Virtually everyone runs on Avon on the hills because they offer a wide range of sizes and compounds see BMTR but don't look at the prices

Yes but if you compare them to the likes of AO48Rs and R888s they are still a step up. My michelin slicks have been sat in my garage for 3 years and are still softer than the medium compound A048Rs. Plus they cost me nothing

Jason Fletcher

posted on 24/7/10 at 10:31 PM Reply With Quote
I have a set of 13" slicks from this guy on the internet. The compound is not good for sprints or hill climbs but brilliant on a track day. These slicks seem to last for ever and you can go into the corners quicker which of course makes you come out quicker At 60 quid a set they are bargain if track days are your thing.

Jason

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.