Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stafford Show Sillyness
ReMan

posted on 18/9/10 at 06:03 PM Reply With Quote
Stafford Show Sillyness

Anyone else who arrived in a kit get asked to pay for going into the show hall?
perksy

posted on 18/9/10 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
Its being discussed over on the Westfield boardroom

Beleive some just said they weren't paying as they'd come in their Kits and got in
Others had to pay ?

Free outside on the Field but they were trying to charge to go in the hall

Barksavon

posted on 18/9/10 at 06:35 PM Reply With Quote
it said on the kitcar magazine web site that drivers of kit cars would be given a free ticket on arrival, is that not happening then? was gonna go in mine tomorrow if it dont rain but not paying £20+ for me and my lad to get in
khm

posted on 18/9/10 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
it wouldn't surprise me with the stafford show lot - they don't seam to realise that witout any cars they don't have a show !!

I'd rather be scared to death, than bored to death !

snapper

posted on 18/9/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
The hall was half empty, was not worth my £10 and certainly not the 6 hour round trip.
Thanks to Steve who drove both ways

I eat to survive
I drink to forget
I breath to pi55 my ex wife off (and now my ex partner)

Barksavon

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
just read the comments on the westfield forum about the Stafford show.....and the ones on here, wont be going, rain or not, sounds like a right "fred carno's"
m0csi

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
Kit Car Show Stafford september 2010

First time for me ... I am building McSorley V6 24V Cosworth ... Not a single Locost with this engine ,,, infact very poor ... was there at 1200 till 1530 hrs ... The £10 charge was very harsh ... where was all the stalls ... only really 2 main stalls ... Will only be going again with my car when finnished and will not be paying ever again ... you lads who got in for free thats if you did .. so you should ,,, I thought it was very poor ... Thanks ... Mike ...
neilp1

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
I wouln't even say the hall was half full. Cost me £20 for me and wife and I travelled from Newcastle.
I can safely say I'll not be back next year!!

ReMan

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
Bizarrly a person well known for shiny kit cars was the one who stopped us on the door because our hands was'nt stamped, because we had'nt paid.
Made our dissatisfation known, bearing in mind we are the show.
Then went to the pay counter, to protest some more that it was advertised as free for drivers, got our hand stamped no problem and told "the knob" knows that we should be getting in for free
Hmmmm, bit of creativity to make up for a crap show and turnout if you ask me

col

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
Ive never been to a kitcar show,and i do need to go to one.....but on what your saying.....this aint the one.
Wheres the next one?

adithorp

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was odd when I arrived and got no ticket at the gate. Went to the hall and just asked if hit drivers got in free. They just asked what I'd come in and stamped my hand. However some paid full price, some paid half and some got it refunded once it became clear that others hadn't paid.

I had a good drive down through the peak district. JPSC had a pretty good turn out given the weather. Club did lunch and coffee as well so no burger van prices to pay.

adrian

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

Peteff

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:34 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by col
Ive never been to a kitcar show,and i do need to go to one.....but on what your saying.....this aint the one.
Wheres the next one?

Wait for Stoneleigh next May day, you need all day to walk round it.

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Lowflyingplanes

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:49 PM Reply With Quote
Finally persuaded the wife to go to her first kit car show and I was embarrased, so little of interest for the builder. I bought the Kit Car mag for the first time in Aug because I was bored on a train journey and that was the worst thing I had read in years, out of date articles and stuff from 2009. Why did I not learn then. Today for me was a waste of money. Need to do a lot better and not try and fleace the punters.
rusty nuts

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lowflyingplanes
Finally persuaded the wife to go to her first kit car show and I was embarrased, so little of interest for the builder. I bought the Kit Car mag for the first time in Aug because I was bored on a train journey and that was the worst thing I had read in years, out of date articles and stuff from 2009. Why did I not learn then. Today for me was a waste of money. Need to do a lot better and not try and fleace the punters.

And still advertising cars sold over a year ago !!

ReMan

posted on 18/9/10 at 07:57 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
quote:
Originally posted by col
Wheres the next one?

Wait for Stoneleigh next May day, you need all day to walk round it.

Yes +1, the best.

col

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys,Im sorry some of you got mugged! I will take your advice and go to stonely next year.
col

posted on 18/9/10 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys,Im sorry some of you got mugged! I will take your advice and go to stonely next year.
stevegough

posted on 18/9/10 at 09:09 PM Reply With Quote
Went to stafford last year, very good turnout of kits - you weren't charged for parking or until you went in to the halls - I was a bit disappointed after Stoneleigh and Newark - they are far better - despite the comments on here I'm still planning to go tomorrow as I have a shopping list - need some trims and nut covers, etc, etc to do the last few jobs before the big IVA test... ... but I'm preparing to be more disappointed than last year following this thread!

Oh, yes! and I concur about "Kit Car" magazine - they do a lot of reprints of reprints of huge sections of previous issues, then waste quite a few pages explaining why - AND why they are still miles better than "compete kit car" - even citing how many adverts they have! How many of you have had unsolicited copies of their mag posted to you? - I personally think they are full of ..it.

[Edited on 18/9/10 by stevegough]

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

bob tatt

posted on 19/9/10 at 07:33 AM Reply With Quote
my sister subscribed for my birthday and im still getting the bloody thing, its like ground hog day when you open it. Still it will be good for the bottom of the rabbits cage.
ashg

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:13 AM Reply With Quote
didnt bother with stafford this year. knew it would be rubbish. as for magazines ckc is the only one i can read from cover to cover.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

stevegough

posted on 19/9/10 at 08:37 AM Reply With Quote
Ok, Guys - I'm not bothering now either! If the hall's half empty, and the weather is crepe is the last straw! I'll use the money I save on petrol for the bits I need.

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

snippy

posted on 19/9/10 at 09:04 AM Reply With Quote
Public apology is needed

Time to name and shame I think. Dan Tanner what are you playing at? How dare you ask me to pay £10 to get my hand stamped to get into the show `shed`. Even when I told you I had come in my kit and entry was free for all kit drivers (as always) you still asked me to pay. Like Reman I protested at another `Kit Car` employee who just stamped my hand and let me in for free. What the heck is going on? I think we all deserve a public apology for the shocking way they treated us all yesterday. If it wasn`t for us all attending in kits there wouldn`t be a show. I will now not be attending any events organised by `Kit Car`.
richard

posted on 19/9/10 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Not surprised it was him asking for money and Kit car mag would be the last of the three i read even if they were all free.
CKC all the way for me.
Glad i did not brave the reaction i would get from the other half if i had asked to could go here and will save the grovelling until Exeter as never been there either.

Rich

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Danozeman

posted on 19/9/10 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
Glad i never attempted it. I thought about making the trek as iv never been.

Dan

Built the purple peril!! Let the modifications begin!!

http://www.eastangliankitcars.co.uk

Andi

posted on 19/9/10 at 02:21 PM Reply With Quote
Gotta be said.... I think that`ll be the last Stafford show. Even if everyone paid Im sure he would have lost out. Twas empty
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.