Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Information needed - How many?
designer

posted on 7/3/11 at 04:09 PM Reply With Quote
Information needed - How many?

In my continuing war with the EU.

Anybody any idea how many kits are produced by the kit car industry in the UK and what the industry is worth?

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
scudderfish

posted on 7/3/11 at 04:41 PM Reply With Quote
Give Complete Kit Car magazine a ring. They may be interested in your story

http://www.completekitcar.co.uk/

designer

posted on 7/3/11 at 05:58 PM Reply With Quote
If these mags were any good they would have done this already!!

And look, they're advertising a new book by John Dickens when, in fact, it's just a re-print like most of the articles in the mag!

[Edited on 7-3-11 by designer]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
russbost

posted on 7/3/11 at 06:51 PM Reply With Quote
"it's just a re-print like most of the articles in the mag!" - I don't think you'll find CKC have ever reprinted an article in the mag, other than possibly referring to it from a later article, slagging is all well & good, but helps if facts are correct!!!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
bi22le

posted on 7/3/11 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
They do re print ads though otherwise advertising costs are quite steep!!

I dont want to start and argument. Im just in a playful mood after getting home from work!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

scootz

posted on 7/3/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
I dont want to start and argument. Im just in a playful mood after getting home from work!!

In that case... have you bought your boyfriend a nice bouquet yet for his birthday!?

It's Evolution Baby!

blakep82

posted on 7/3/11 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by designer

And look, they're advertising a new book by John Dickens when, in fact, it's just a re-print like most of the articles in the mag!

maybe they have, but do you want to go through every issue? and it would be out of date now anyway, so probably irrelevant to most people. its of no use at all to me for example, and i'd imagine to everyone else on here who lives permanantly in the UK, but your situation is different, and you do need the info, they may be able to help if you phone and ask them, but its not worth them writing about it most of the time

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

scudderfish

posted on 7/3/11 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:

Would it really offend your sensibilities to drop them an email with your query? If they ignore you, you can still feel smug about it, and if they don't, you might just end up with the information that you are after to help your case.

designer

posted on 7/3/11 at 07:35 PM Reply With Quote
I've rang with no answer, and I've emailed, with no replies.
40inches

posted on 7/3/11 at 07:47 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
I've rang with no answer, and I've emailed, with no replies.

Try in office hours, I'm sure that if there is anyone there they will pick up the phone, you may get a reply to your email
tomorrow, when they start work.

A1

posted on 7/3/11 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
ooh a fight against the E (****ing) U? where can I sign up?

got the number for an advertising guy at kitcar mag if you want? might be able to put you in the right direction...

AdamCKC

posted on 8/3/11 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

You obviously haven't looked at either book by John Dickens - there's nothing in either that's reprinted. And we NEVER reprint features in the magazine.

Are you sure it was CKC you called/e-mailed with your enquiry, and not one of the other mags? I don't recall receiving a query like yours.

designer

posted on 8/3/11 at 09:41 AM Reply With Quote
I sent two emails to each magazine the week before last. None came back as undelivered.
AdamCKC

posted on 8/3/11 at 02:20 PM Reply With Quote
Did you use the fisher.derek e-mail address that's in your profile? We've searched our e-mail system for that address and all we can find is a few applications for free gifts and the odd competition entry.

Feel free to forward your e-mail to me at adam @ performancepublishing.co.uk (without the spaces) and we'll see if we can help you with your enquiry.

I have to say, though, that coming onto a public forum and wrongly accusing us of repeating material in our product and then accusing us of not replying to an e-mail that we haven't received is not a particularly endearing way of requesting our assistance.

[Edited on 8/3/11 by AdamCKC]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.