Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: laying up a 2 stroke
andrew-theasby

posted on 28/5/11 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
laying up a 2 stroke

Hi, i have an expensive racing mini moto which hardly gets used now, but i dont want to sell it until i NEED the money because the one day i do use it it will be worth twice as much as i get for it, so whats the best way of laying it up for a period of time so it doesnt corrode inside or seals dont dry up and fuel doesnt go off? I assume there must be something for chainsaws and hedge cutters that dont get used regularly. Theres a product calleed after run oil we put in the model aeroplane engines but i dont know if this is suitable for petrol engines. Is it best with fuel in or drained? Thanks
Peteff

posted on 28/5/11 at 03:34 PM Reply With Quote
Put some Putoline or similar fuel conditioner/stabiliser in the tank and shake it up then run it for a while. Switch the fuel off and let the float bowl run dry. FUEL STABILISER PETROL ADDITIVE PUTOLINE 220ml | eBay UK

[Edited on 28/5/11 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

andrew-theasby

posted on 29/5/11 at 06:33 PM Reply With Quote
ok thanks
Bare

posted on 30/5/11 at 09:13 PM Reply With Quote
Welll Crank seals... Will.... dry up and or harden over time.
Regardless of What you try to prevent it.
Marine guys spray Fogging Oil into cylinders of their surprisingly pricey outboards for winter storage, which does work well on rings/bores.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.