Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mr Clutch
piddy

posted on 30/4/12 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Mr Clutch

Hello All.
Have any of you ever used Mr Clutch to do the clutch on your tintop.
Have you had a good or bad experience with them?

mark chandler

posted on 30/4/12 at 04:35 PM Reply With Quote
It all depends on the fitter, I used one 20 years ago and it was fine... they used quality kits and the maths then made it madness to do it myself.

They have been around a long time so must still be doing something right anyway.

Regards Mark

Coopz

posted on 30/4/12 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
I had a clutch Fitted on my 205 gti, had really good service from them. They were also a lot cheaper than other quotes.
MikeRJ

posted on 30/4/12 at 05:33 PM Reply With Quote
They use (or certainly always used to use) refurbished clutches to keep the prices down. I certainly wouldn't take a vehicle I cherish to any kind of "quick fit" franchise - their number one priority is vehicle turnaround time, not doing the best job possible or taking care.

Just have a look at their laughable warranty terms. How many people take their car back at 500, 3000, 6000 and 12000 mile for "clutch adjustment" when there is no modern car I know of that requires manual clutch adjustment? Their poxy sub-standard clutches are only warrantied for 24,000 miles anyway, even if you do jump through all the hoops to keep the warranty valid.

[Edited on 30/4/12 by MikeRJ]

cliftyhanger

posted on 30/4/12 at 06:30 PM Reply With Quote
I walked away from them when they answered my question about what brand of clutch. Apparently it is their "own brand"
If you want a cheap clutch done, guess it is OK, but if you want a good clutch, get a genuine one fitted (and well worth the extra to have a new, genuine, throwout bearing, not cheap, and often not included, especially if it is a CSC type)

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 30/4/12 at 06:38 PM Reply With Quote
I agree with last comment warranty is a joke and they must use poor quaility parts as I know of a few people that used them and had lots of problems from poor quaility parts and fitment, if there alot cheaper than any other garage locally theres a reason .You get what you pay for!
adithorp

posted on 30/4/12 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
Had a few cars in work that have had clutches aledgedly done by them. Some with clutch problems that weren't covered By the "warrenty" and they had unbranded recon' driven plates and old covers refitted, etc. Others were in for other work but we found missing bellhousing and mounting bolts.
If a deal seems too good to be true... it usually is. You get what you pay for.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.