Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pre IVA Photos
parkiboy

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:05 PM Reply With Quote
Pre IVA Photos

Well i have my IVA a week today, still got a couple of jobs left to do but the car is currently with Danny at MK getting the emissions set up ready.

I was wondering if you could look at the photos and let me know if you can see anything i may have missed, the jobs i know about are the following:
    the fog light - got one to fit when i get it back
    Steering wheel - getting a sierra one fitted
    Back Panel - All made up ready to bolt on

Btw the tie wraps are round the push rods just while the glue drys on the covers i have made

anything you spot let me know

[Edited on 9/7/12 by parkiboy]

madteg

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:14 PM Reply With Quote
Long time since i did mine but would question the radius on bottom of the dash.
parkiboy

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by madteg
Long time since i did mine but would question the radius on bottom of the dash.

ive put rubbing edging over it, doesn't this solve the radius issue? i dont fully undertsand the concept just got told to cover any rough edges

johnwilders

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Nice Build, Is the edge of your headlamp mounting 2.5mm radius & lower edge of dash 19mm
matt_gsxr

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
reverse?
tegwin

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Where is that battery cutoff switch located? The key wont pass the radius test I guess...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

parkiboy

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:29 PM Reply With Quote
Yes it has electric reverse, how do I measure te radius myself to check these?

Also is it true that you have to make a bracket so you cant change your digi dash function while driving?

johnwilders

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:40 PM Reply With Quote
Most of your radius have to be 2.5mm (same as a 5mm drill bit & the bottom of the dash must be no less than a 38mm rod/pipe cut in half (pipe lagging won't do)
Davegtst

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:42 PM Reply With Quote
Seat belt mounts need covering. Not sure about the side panel radius where it sits on top of the chasis rail,i would puta cope moulding on to make sure and finish it off. Not sure but the top ball joints may need a cover. Apparently some people have failed on the side repeaters positioned where you have them. If you were to turn the steering they may not be visable at all angles. Let me know what they did to get the emissions down, I'm doing mine at the moment which will hopefully be the last job before my iva.

[Edited on 9/7/12 by Davegtst]

Davegtst

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:52 PM Reply With Quote
How are the mushrooms fixed to the uprights? If you haven't done it already they will need a second form of fixing so it doesn't just rely on being clamped in place by the pinch bolt.
eddie99

posted on 9/7/12 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'd add some bigger trim and soft stuff to the bottom of the dash. It either needs the 19mm radius or be soft....

You should be ok with side repeaters, we passed with them there....

Digidash, if you can, cover it up.... I never did on the acewell but he didnt check.

[Edited on 9/7/12 by eddie99]

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
loggyboy

posted on 9/7/12 at 10:09 PM Reply With Quote
Rear tyres are rotating the wrong way, switch left and right.

Agree with comments above on the indicators and dash bottom.

The instrument panel lower edge within the “specified zone” must have a radius of curvature not less than 19mm or 5mm and covered with a non-rigid material. Except where an adaptation for a disabled person makes it impossible to comply. (see note 7)

I doubt the rubber edging would be A; 5mm rad and B; classed as covered with a non rigid material'

Pushrod bases are expempt from radious as they fall with in the 'volume' created by the extents of the suspension arms/wishbones.

I think I would be inclinded to pannel the underside of the fuse/cut off as the stick on foam isnt very permanant and as mentioned, key may faile radius test.

What fucntion of digi dash do you mean? Speed must always be displayed.

Mistral Motorsport

daniel mason

posted on 9/7/12 at 10:14 PM Reply With Quote
front flexi brake hose must not contact wing stay on full lock

big_l

posted on 9/7/12 at 10:20 PM Reply With Quote
my harneses failed because you are unable to adjust the waist belt wilst starped in the car !!!

i was told by demon tweeks caterham had this isue so the had sabelt make diffrent belts for them and if you look at pics in the demon tweeks catalouge you will see that there the only ones with the adjuster in the middle ...

gbs have now altered there belts to the same method aswell ...

Check out my blog mnrvortxhayabusa@blogspot.com

IainL

posted on 10/7/12 at 06:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by parkiboy

Also is it true that you have to make a bracket so you cant change your digi dash function while driving?

Digi dash has a road setting which disables you from switching displays

Iainl

renetom

posted on 10/7/12 at 08:28 AM Reply With Quote
Varied

Hi
Nice car
I would say
You need to cover all edges to the fibreglass seats especially where the seat belts go through.
We used the edge trim with the metal grips & glued ( belt & braces), we also used this around the edge of the headlamp mounting glued & held on with a cable tie
Is the petrol cap tethered ?
Is the fog light mounted horizontally ?
Mushroom secondary fixing, was mentioned on our 1st fail. easy job , just drill & tap 4 or 5mm fit short bolt with loctite.
as mentioned dash bottom edge radius & kill switch.
see our archive picts.
good luck
René

stevegough

posted on 10/7/12 at 09:01 AM Reply With Quote
Yep - definitely do the bottom of dash.

Secondary lock bolt on sierra uprights (drill straight through the upright and the wishbone and put a bolt and nyloc in.) - this is not always insisted on, but I failed my IVA on this.

The area with the ECU etc - is it above passenger footwell? - if so, the key in the killswitch is going to hit a leg / knee - they won't allow it. Also, as has been said - the spongey covers would be deemed inadequate (I used it to cover some chassis corners and was told it wasn't 'permanent enough'. Better to cover with a ply panel. (By the way - do the hazards still function with the killswitch off? 'cos that's a no-no...but I'm sure you know that.

Another couple of points - what radius is the bottom edge of the rear panel? I can't recall but I think it has to be 2.5mm here.
Check the positioning of your cycle wings against the IVA regs - the trailing edge may not be quite far enough down (I may be wrong with this, but better to point it out now than say after "I thought it looked out on your pre-iva photos"

On a positive note, it looks a superrb quality build which you should be well proud of - it also sets a good impression with the IVA man which can't hurt!

Good luck!

[Edited on 10/7/12 by stevegough]

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

loggyboy

posted on 10/7/12 at 10:07 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevegough
Check the positioning of your cycle wings against the IVA regs - the trailing edge may not be quite far enough down (I may be wrong with this, but better to point it out now than say after "I thought it looked out on your pre-iva photos"

I thought this too, but upon checking the regs the regs are 30degrees forward of vertical centre around the centre of the wheel and 50 degrees rear wards, which looks to be achieved on the arches (must be about 30-40 forward, and 90 rearward)

Mistral Motorsport

stevegough

posted on 10/7/12 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:

I thought this too, but upon checking the regs the regs are 30degrees forward of vertical centre around the centre of the wheel and 50 degrees rear wards, which looks to be achieved on the arches (must be about 30-40 forward, and 90 rearward)

I was looking at the position of the horizontal line drawn from the rear of the wing - this has to pass some way below the centre of the wheel - I can't recall how far.

Luego Locost C20XE.

loggyboy

posted on 10/7/12 at 10:21 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
I was looking at the position of the horizontal line drawn from the rear of the wing - this has to pass some way below the centre of the wheel - I can't recall how far.

It needs to finish no more than 150mm above the centreline.

Mistral Motorsport

parkiboy

posted on 12/7/12 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for all your replies guys you have all been a big help, I havent had change to reply sooner as I am on 24 hour call so when I'm not working I'm in the garage with the car, it's fallen at a bad time and I have really been struggling to find the hours to do the work!

However I am getting there an am addressing all the comments listed above, I ended up buying a new dash from mk with the correct radius however I could only get a gastly red one on such short notice, it will do for the test then I'll wrap in in black vinyl afterwards, while the car was at mk they were concerned about the radius of the digi dash so I am sinking it in so there is no radius to worry about.

I'm hoping to have it finished Saturday so I'll get some more photos up and see if any last minute changes are needed on Sunday!

Thanks again and wish me luck :-)

stevegough

posted on 12/7/12 at 09:24 PM Reply With Quote
Luck!

Luego Locost C20XE.

Davegtst

posted on 13/7/12 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck! What did MK have to do to get the emissions down?
parkiboy

posted on 13/7/12 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Davegtst
Good luck! What did MK have to do to get the emissions down?

They took off my silencer and replaced it with one with a built in road cat and installed a power commander and leaned out the fuelling until emissions were low enough

parkiboy

posted on 14/7/12 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
*Update*

Bit of an update of the new dash and fuse cover - guessing all is ok there now? Theres been alot of stressing over all this last minute work but im nearly there!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.