Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Emissions....
Rob3

posted on 10/3/13 at 02:22 PM Reply With Quote
Emissions....

MOT Time again,

Cat fitted, mixture adjusted on the power commader and got the following results:

CO 0.01 - 0.05
HC 30-50
Lambda 1.07

I tried richening it up even 1 point on the power commander and the CO would go upto 0.8 ish and the HC upto 250-300.

2006 R1 with power commander, MNR exhaust, Piper cross air box with K&N enclosed cone.

Anyone any ideas? I thought lean to start with but the low HC suggests it isnt?

Thanks

motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 10/3/13 at 06:39 PM Reply With Quote
Question is what RPM are you required to hold it at? Is the catalyst hot?

I'll be MoT'ing my R1 (2005 5VY) transplanted car soon, so I've got an interest here. The previous car (2002) I've MoT'd has had GSXR750, 1000 and 1300 in it. The MoT 'performance' was a merry one, I had a Volvo 90 catalyst can welded to a Jetex catalyst can. The MoT tester allowed a certain margin on revs, while I played with the fuel pressure regulator (drastic reduction) and PC fuelling. Engine just about ran.

The 1000, in particular, had zones where emissions clearly were secondary to the noise issue. Very difficult to get it right for a given rev, better to adjust the rev to get the emmission in the right ballpark.

My R1 transplanted thing has a 'Q' plate, so I'm hoping it'll be less demanding on emmissions (some say 'Q' is helpful), however it probably won't be.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.