Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Pinto sump
shutty34

posted on 30/5/13 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
Pinto sump

How much do you need to trim off a 2.0 pinto 205 sump is there any plans or info on this
Regards

Daz

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 30/5/13 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

Its approx 150mm from mating to cutoff point, fit the engine & gearbox & cut the sump so its level with lowest point of the gearbox, that's basically what the Haynes book advice is!

HTH

Work to Live don't Live to Work

mcerd1

posted on 30/5/13 at 12:49 PM Reply With Quote
level with the lowest point of the bellhousing is about the best you can do.... thats what my dax one is

a bit like this one: http://www.joeybrown.co.uk/pages4/sumps.html

but some folk add extra capacity towards the back (like the westfield alloy one) rather than out the side, I've never heard any conclusive proof as to which is better.....

-

jps

posted on 30/5/13 at 02:12 PM Reply With Quote
Are all Pinto blocks and sumps the same? I have a 1.6 pinto which will need a sump trim at some point - just wondering if a JoeyBrown one would fit OK...
Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 30/5/13 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
Are all Pinto blocks and sumps the same? I have a 1.6 pinto which will need a sump trim at some point - just wondering if a JoeyBrown one would fit OK...

I've had both sized engines the blocks and sumps are the same if I remember correctly.

I'll soon be selling a 2.0l with a standard head, and a ported and polished head with full kent fr32 kit, vernier pulley etc! plus lots of other pinto related bits.

Aaron

jps

posted on 30/5/13 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron_n_Sim
quote:
Originally posted by jps

I've had both sized engines the blocks and sumps are the same if I remember correctly.

I'll soon be selling a 2.0l with a standard head, and a ported and polished head with full kent fr32 kit, vernier pulley etc! plus lots of other pinto related bits.

Aaron

pm me when that happens!

Aaron_n_Sim

posted on 30/5/13 at 02:33 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jps
quote:
Originally posted by Aaron_n_Sim
quote:
Originally posted by jps

Aaron

pm me when that happens!

no probs, you can u2u me if you want a full list! theres 32/36 dgav weber carb, new bottom & top end gasket sets, i'll have to haul it all out!!!

Aaron

jacko

posted on 30/5/13 at 03:43 PM Reply With Quote
reduce the sump by 40mm that brings it level with the bottom of the bell housing
do the same with the pick up pipe
jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.