Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Striker suspension bushes
strikerguy

posted on 27/12/13 at 09:27 AM Reply With Quote
Striker suspension bushes

I am completely rebuilding my 1990 Sylva Striker mk3 this winter. I want to replace the rubber bushes fitted in the rear suspension trailing arms and the Panhard rod.

Anyone familiar with these bushes (from a particular car ?) or knows where to become them ?

Muchos gracias
Dirk

[Edited on 27/12/13 by strikerguy]

bigfoot4616

posted on 27/12/13 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
my striker is also a mk3 of the same age. some of the trailing arm bushes are just the normal metelastic bushes that RAW can supply amongst other places. the panard rod and front of the forward facing trailing arm bushes i don't know what they are and RAW couldn't help.
i'm assuming when RAW took over the striker it went straight to IRS.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 27/12/13 at 12:40 PM Reply With Quote
Raw can supply them ....
strikerbird

posted on 27/12/13 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I also have a mk3 striker the bushes in the rear of mine are part number C0092 as fitted to TVR dampers
I did know the original part number but can't find it now.
Hope this helps.

bigfoot4616

posted on 27/12/13 at 10:06 PM Reply With Quote
these are what i have in both ends of the forward trailing arm and panard rod

they are a bit bigger than the metalastic bushes in the rear trailing arm and i haven't got a clue what they are, would be handy to find out as i think they are past there best.

strikerbird

posted on 28/12/13 at 07:59 AM Reply With Quote
If strikerguys are like this ignore my part number, the pics are completely different to mine.
strikerguy

posted on 30/12/13 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by strikerbird
If strikerguys are like this ignore my part number, the pics are completely different to mine.

Thanks guys !

@bigfoot: i have the same bushes in the front facing trailing arms.
@strikerbird: do you have the TVR bushes fitted in the front facing trailing arms as well ? With me, those bushes (see pictures bigfoot) are fitted in the rear facing trailing arms. Thx for the TVR part number.
The front trailing arms and the Panhard rod need some flexibility on the bushes because of the vertical movement of the axle. That's why these bushes are not the standard metalastic bushes but the more lumpy rubber damper/shock like types.

[Edited on 30/12/13 by strikerguy]

[Edited on 30/12/13 by strikerguy]

strikerbird

posted on 31/12/13 at 06:27 AM Reply With Quote
All of my arms have the metalastic TVR bushes at the axle end and are rose jointed for adjustment at the opposite end, my panhard is rose jointed both ends.
I've had no trouble with broken joints or cracked brackets (yet)
The big rubber bushes in the pictures do look as though they would have a lot more flex than my bushes.

bigfoot4616

posted on 31/12/13 at 10:45 AM Reply With Quote
my panhard rod bracket to axle joint cracked a couple of years ago. welded it back up and been fine since. track use on slicks probably contributed to it cracking. i dont think the panhard rod needs much flex in its bushes unlike the trailing arms.

if i remember correctly how it was explained to me the way the trailing arms are set up on a striker, it is in roll where the trailing arms work against each other trying to twist the axle so some flex in the bushes is needed.
this is also why live axle strikers are very light on the inside wheel under hard cornering.

strikerguy

posted on 1/1/14 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Mystery solved ! Both front trailing arms and the panhard rod are in fact the panhard rod of a Vauxhall Chevette, over here better known as Opel Kadett C.

http://www.vauxhall-car-parts.co.uk/acatalog/VAUXHALL_REAR_SUSPENSION_PANHARD_ROD_BUSH_-_3431086.html

It is true that the panhard rod bushes can be replaced by less elastic bushes or rose joints.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.