Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: brake problem
madteg

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:52 PM Reply With Quote
brake problem

all four brakes are coming on, when they warm up and staying on, what could be the cause of this. have to let pressure of then they are ok,
ch1ll1

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:57 PM Reply With Quote
whats your brake set up?
single/twim master etc?
where do you release the pressure from?

[Edited on 27/12/06 by ch1ll1]

[Edited on 27/12/06 by ch1ll1]

JoelP

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:58 PM Reply With Quote
all 4 would imply a master cylinder problem. Is it single or twin? Do you have a spring to ensure that the pedal returns fully?
mike.williams1

posted on 27/12/06 at 08:59 PM Reply With Quote
brakes holding on

i would check the pivot from master cylinder to the pedal i have seen similar fault on a peugeot 106.
robinj66

posted on 27/12/06 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
I've just had a similar problem on my Cobra but it only affected the front brakes. If you let out fluid through a bleed nipple the brakes are ok.

Firstly check that you have left enough "space" in your reservoir for the fluid to "expand" once the brakes are hot.

If that is all ok then it's a problem with the master cylinder - had mine out 3-4 times and changed/checked te sealsbut nothing would sort it. I ended up replacing the master cylinder and everything is ok now ( I think the bore was a little scored)

t.j.

posted on 27/12/06 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
I would suggest to look if the mastercilinder comes into the orginal rest position. Probably not. So the fuild can't flow back which causes these problems.

Grtz Theo

madteg

posted on 27/12/06 at 10:13 PM Reply With Quote
brakes

thanks will have another go tomorrow.
David Jenkins

posted on 28/12/06 at 08:35 AM Reply With Quote
When they lock up, try hooking your toe under the pedal and pulling it back up. If the brakes free off, it supports the "not returning to the ready position" theory suggested earlier.

David

RazMan

posted on 28/12/06 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
When they lock up, try hooking your toe under the pedal and pulling it back up. If the brakes free off, it supports the "not returning to the ready position" theory suggested earlier.

David

Exactly my thoughts - you might need to install a return spring to allow fluid to move around correctly. It might be binding pivot linkages or just need bedding in.

Cheers,
Raz

When thinking outside the box doesn't work any more, it's time to build a new box

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.