Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Formula 27
Aico

posted on 10/1/08 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
Formula 27

How is the Formula 27 kit? There is one for sale now. Any downsides compared to a Westfield? How is the weight and handling? I can't find much info on their website.
02GF74

posted on 11/1/08 at 09:52 AM Reply With Quote
first question is answered by going here

quote:

The Formula 27 is available either as a fully finished road ready vehicle or in kit form.

Fully finished Formula 27s are built to your specifications (including body colour if requested), featuring the car or motorcycle engine of your choice.

Kit versions can be tailored to your needs and are available with your choice of components, from basic body chassis kit upwards. Please contact us to discuss your kit car requirements.

From magazine reviews that handle well, not sure about weight but would depend on engine and other components but would expect them to be under 600 kg., can't comment about how they compare to Westfield.

bigbird

posted on 11/1/08 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
I think i'm right in saying that it was the F27 blade that started the bike engined car craze within kit car circles, when everyone stood in awe as it climbed all over the back of an ultima on the track.
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
02GF74

posted on 11/1/08 at 12:04 PM Reply With Quote
so claim F27 .... but I have seen the same claim made by at least one other manufacturer. Morgan way way in the 1920 started this fad.
Aico

posted on 11/1/08 at 12:16 PM Reply With Quote
But how does it compare to other Sevens?
kev R1

posted on 11/1/08 at 01:01 PM Reply With Quote
yeah they were one of the first sevens with bike engines in them, i first had a go in an f27 blade at donnington in the wet about 8years ago it was awesome! think they're a bit more locost than westfields. there's one on pistonheads at the moment with inboard suspension looks quite nice apart from the shocking wheels!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.