Board logo

Indy Track Day
matt_claydon - 17/2/04 at 09:00 AM

Hi everyone,

I took my Indy to Castle Combe on Saturday and despite the wet start had a great time. The car performed superbly and other than a recurring problem I'm having with the alternator pivot bolt the car withstood the day's abuse perfectly.

You can see some pictures here: http://www.picman.co.uk/cgi-bin/search.pl?20040214BatCas&GRP_1_RED&F270_THY&1

I will post some in-car and external video clips when I've got round to editing them.

I would thouroughly recommend taking your car to a track to anybody, it was one of the best days driving I've ever had, and for £150 (130 if I'd booked earlier) I think it's pretty good value considering the cost of building the car.

Cheers,
Matt.

timcrasher - 18/2/04 at 07:20 AM

I couldn't aggree with you more. Trackdays are just amazing fun for the money. I am so close to finishing my car it hurts.
I've been using a knackered old XR2 for trackdays until I could get my Indy finished, and I am addicted to the track.
I have one question for you though !
Are you a landscape gardener by trade and thought that the grass wanted cutting, or were you just getting a bit excited?
Car looks good in action
Cheer, Tim

matt_claydon - 18/2/04 at 11:08 AM

My only defence is that it was very wet!! (Spinning off at 60+ mph is pretty exciting though :-) )