Board logo

It may look a bit like this......
Alan B - 19/7/04 at 02:46 PM

I pushed my rolling chassis outside after pulling the molds off. I then photographed and added some nice wheels and a bonnet in paintshop....gives you some clue

timf - 19/7/04 at 02:56 PM

looks good Alan

but hate to say it it needs some sort of rear spoiler not to big just to finish the rear off.

Alan B - 19/7/04 at 02:58 PM

Yeah possibly...easy done though....

Mave - 19/7/04 at 03:29 PM

Time for a new avatar then Alan, it even looks better in real life, than it did on that drawing!

Very good job, I'm very impressed with your work. I'm starting on the bodywork of my Seven next week. Wish me luck...

Alan B - 19/7/04 at 05:31 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Mave
Time for a new avatar then Alan, it even looks better in real life, than it did on that drawing!

Very good job, I'm very impressed with your work. I'm starting on the bodywork of my Seven next week. Wish me luck...

New avatar as suggested....

locoboy - 19/7/04 at 07:01 PM

Alan,

as they say in the midlands........its looking bosting mate!

It looks really small next to that tree trunk, is it small or is that just a typically bigger and better yankee tree

Alan B - 19/7/04 at 07:08 PM

Col....

Both...little car, big tree....LOL

Cheers.....bosting huh?

locoboy - 19/7/04 at 07:33 PM

to bost something is to break or to crack it................bosting = cracking, not in the soul destroying grp/plug cracking kind of way but in the "looking gooooood" kind of way

Berwyn - 19/7/04 at 07:37 PM

Oh , that will be BOOSTING then ? as in "gone in 60 seconds" Boosting cars.
BTW, Very nice job mate !

Peteff - 19/7/04 at 08:01 PM

That's how we talk round here. It would be spelt bursting though.

robinbastd - 19/7/04 at 09:23 PM

Tis a properjob me'ansum, as us straw chewing yokels say down here.
It looks wonderful in the flesh (a cue for smutty comments from Alan)
Ian

JoelP - 19/7/04 at 09:42 PM

or dong dappa as some would say up ere!

spunky - 20/7/04 at 12:58 PM

Dawdy mush, done a cushty job of that screeve Chav.....

That would be Newark gypo speak for a really nice job mate, a great looking car.

Gypo=trailer trash...

John

Terrapin_racing - 20/7/04 at 01:24 PM

Looks great Alan - what colour are you set on for body - will you fit rear diffuser/undertray as well as wing?
cheers
Rob

sgraber - 20/7/04 at 06:49 PM

Fahrgiiing Awwwwesome Duuuude! (West Coast USA surfer drawl...)

It does look teeny. But very sporty and much better in the flesh than in your old avatar and the avatar looked great. So you have done a fantastic job!

Alan B - 20/7/04 at 08:51 PM

Thanks all (I think..LOL)

The wheelbase is the same as the MR2 (around 93" IIRC) but of course the overhangs are much less...so it's small, but not really tiny IMO....

turbo time - 21/7/04 at 01:34 AM

Very Very nice indeed. Now it just needs some hundred-spoke daytons and hydraulics.

pbura - 21/7/04 at 03:43 AM

quote:
Originally posted by turbo time
Very Very nice indeed. Now it just needs some hundred-spoke daytons and hydraulics.

No, because Alan would have to take those off of his Tchebbie

Way to go, Alan!

Alan B - 21/7/04 at 01:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Terrapin_racing
Looks great Alan - what colour are you set on for body - will you fit rear diffuser/undertray as well as wing?
cheers
Rob

Rob, red is still the favourite so far.......not sure yet about which aerodynamic aids I'll be fitting.....something to think about I guess...

derf - 21/7/04 at 03:45 PM

well if you want to go fast red is the FASTEST color available, but you should also look into a bright orange or yellow.

I really think though that your car would look good in yellow, not bumblebee yellow, more of a neon yellow.

see if you cant get someone to photochop it into yellow.

kb58 - 21/7/04 at 04:27 PM

Color is a tough deal. To make it worse, are you painting it to please yourself or to please everyone else (as in, putting it forward as advertising.)

For the body shape, silver is The correct color as it shows off the curves and lines the best. But, it doesn't have the grab-them-by-the-throat-and-throw-them-to-the-ground attention power...

sgraber - 21/7/04 at 09:42 PM

I think it looks good in all kinds of colors!

Meerkat fruit loops
Meerkat fruit loops

cymtriks - 21/7/04 at 10:13 PM

Very dramatic wedge styling.

It looks very high at the back. That's not a critisism, just an observation. Does it really need to be so high at the back to clear the engine or is this a styling effect to emphasise the wedge profile?

Curious.

derf - 22/7/04 at 01:00 AM

I definatly think that the yellow and black look the best

Alan B - 22/7/04 at 01:23 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cymtriks
Very dramatic wedge styling.

It looks very high at the back. That's not a critisism, just an observation. Does it really need to be so high at the back to clear the engine ........

Yes, pretty much. It really isn't that high in the flesh...just enough to clear the engine..

Noodle - 22/7/04 at 06:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by colmaccoll
as they say in the midlands........its looking bosting mate!

There's no 'g' on the end of bosting in the Midlands.

Q. "That's a bostin' mow-ta aye it? "
A. "Ar. 'kin bostin. Ar."

Ugh roit?

Neil.

JoelP - 22/7/04 at 07:25 AM

i'll have 5 please alan. yellow, black, blue red and gold.

Alan B - 22/7/04 at 02:25 PM

quote:
Originally posted by sgraber
I think it looks good in all kinds of colors!

Meerkat fruit loops
Meerkat fruit loops

Steve,...nice work...

You will have to show/tell me how to do that properly one day...I can only seem to do certain colours...

sgraber - 22/7/04 at 03:53 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Alan B

Steve,...nice work...

You will have to show/tell me how to do that properly one day...I can only seem to do certain colours...

Photoshop CS. Do you have it? If ya need it I'll put a gift up on the FTP server fo you. nudge nudge wink wink ...

I selected the outline of the car and used the Image/Adjustments/hue-saturation command with the colorize checkbox enabled. With that you can make almost any solid color you can imagine. For the black version I did it a bit differently. I first desaturated the selection then used Image/Adjustments/Shadow-Highlight, then I used Image/Adjustments/Levels to drop most of it into black.

Hugh Jarce - 24/7/04 at 02:34 AM

Beautiful job Alan. Have you decided on the actual wheels you want? They can make a huge difference to the final look.

Alan B - 25/7/04 at 09:02 PM

Hugh.

Yes, I quite like the ones I have pasted in..I think it is the ASA JS5 from the tire rack in here in the US (or possibly the JS1)

sgraber - 26/7/04 at 01:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Hugh.

Yes, I quite like the ones I have pasted in..I think it is the ASA JS5 from the tire rack in here in the US (or possibly the JS1)

Yes Alan, those look the part. Very Nice. But is that an accurate representation of size? And if so, are they 17's or 18's? they look huge.

Graber

Alan B - 27/7/04 at 12:17 AM

Erm...no, I believe they are scaled up a little....

Mark Allanson - 27/7/04 at 09:43 PM

Perspective? remember, the Meercat is only 4 foot long!