Board logo

IVA- How much does the inspector want to see
davidimurray - 27/10/13 at 06:41 PM

Out of interest, how much does the inspector want to see and what will he expect to be removed. Just wondered as I've covered the area under the dash and it is easy to remove but a real pain to refit. Will he want the tunnel top removed? To remove mine is a pain as I have a bolt hidden under the dash. I have photos of all these 'hidden' areas which I will take with me.

pekwah1 - 27/10/13 at 06:50 PM

I think photos will be ok.
My inspector didn't want me to remove anything.
Lots hidden behind the dash he couldn't see, as for the tunnel, he could see everything he needed from underneath while it was on the lift!
Where are you getting tested?

skov - 27/10/13 at 06:53 PM

All my inspector asked me to remove was the bonnet and rear tub cover.
He did have a good look down the tunnel from the openning at the diff end.

theprisioner - 27/10/13 at 07:06 PM

The IVA man (Livingston) did not ask me to remove anything. However I had extensive pictures with me of all the hidden areas just in case. I guess if he get's suspicious about any issue he can as you to remove stuff!

davidimurray - 27/10/13 at 07:27 PM

I'm being tested at Llantrisant (Cardiff), so fingers crossed he won't want anything removed- it's all doable just a question of how awkward.

Thanks for the replies.

Dave Bailey - 27/10/13 at 08:03 PM

I had to remove my under dash cover so that he could look at the column mounts... Mainly because I have an adjustable column... To be honest if it is going well you won't care about having to remove some panels.... Feed his ego and you'll be surprised how much you get away with....

Dave B

daveb666 - 28/10/13 at 08:19 AM

Didn't remove any panels (under dash or otherwise) and didn't get ask to see any photos either.

wicket - 28/10/13 at 12:55 PM

Apart from the bonnet, just one wheel nut to prove number of threads engaged.