Board logo

Anyone heard of this ?
HAL 1 - 2/7/16 at 09:31 AM

Friend of mine has been told that some kit cars are being recalled by the IVA a couple of months after passing the test
This is apparently so they can be checked to see if any changes have been made, e.g car now wouldn't pass due to the new wing mirrors etc

I said I'd never heard of this happening and that once registered it's now like any other new car, and told him this,
I said it sounded like scaremongering
Has anyone heard of this ?
Or has this happened to you ?

Apologies if this has been posted before

Hal

britishtrident - 2/7/16 at 11:35 AM

Sounds more like they are suspecting some kit manufacturer or assemblers is ringing the same car which is known to be good for IVA is being put through many times with a swapped chassis number.

Fatgadget - 2/7/16 at 11:48 AM

quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
Sounds more like they are suspecting some kit manufacturer or assemblers is ringing the same car which is known to be good for IVA is being put through many times with a swapped chassis number.

The cynic in me is asking how you know this eh British Trident!

Bluemoon - 2/7/16 at 12:04 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Fatgadget
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident

The cynic in me is asking how you know this eh British Trident!

Unlikely to work, you would need to go to different test stations, otherwise tester(s) would "recognise" , also a lot of the test is subjective so it might not pass a second time in any case..

Dan