Board logo

SVA Pass today at Bristol
Berwyn - 2/2/05 at 02:31 PM

Yipeee.
I know it is nearly six months since I failed it first time round, but the wife has had me building big stuff, like an extension. So my 6 months period to get the retest was going to run out this month and today she went through

So come on the summer !

barrie sharp - 2/2/05 at 02:34 PM

Well Done !!
Another on the road. Take it easy though

locoboy - 2/2/05 at 02:34 PM

Nice looking car,

Congrats on the retest victory.

David Jenkins - 2/2/05 at 02:36 PM

Well done! Have fun...

David

locoboy - 2/2/05 at 02:38 PM

sorry for the hijack - did you mod your arches yourself?

flak monkey - 2/2/05 at 02:50 PM

Congratulations . Enjoy the car. It certainly looks good!

David

Fozzie - 2/2/05 at 02:53 PM

Most excellent!
Why wait for summer!

Have fun, but be safe!

ATB fozzie

garage19 - 2/2/05 at 02:54 PM

How come you are running different wheels on the back?

Did your larger wheels rub on the arches?

Berwyn - 2/2/05 at 02:59 PM

Yes i did.
Filler and fibre glass. Hard work , but worth it i feel. Getting both wings the same was the tricky bit.

Berwyn - 2/2/05 at 03:01 PM

different wheels were for the test only
The ones i will be fitting protrude by 2mm from the bottom of the arch, so i thought better safe than sorry for the sva. Needless to say, TSW's fitted all round now

zetec - 2/2/05 at 03:03 PM

Very nice work, well done.

tom_loughlin - 2/2/05 at 04:21 PM

Awesome news mate, it will be nice to see another one on the road in the bristol area - where abouts are you?
tom

Berwyn - 2/2/05 at 04:36 PM

Hi Tom
I'm in Gloucester. was a toss up between sva at Cardiff or Bristol, same distance to me. Great guys at Bristol thou !

jacko - 2/2/05 at 07:27 PM

HI Congratulations very nice job. I like the rear lamp mods jacko

DavidM - 2/2/05 at 09:36 PM

Good Job.

Just out of interest, did you have a cover on the boot for the test? If not did they check inside for radii etc.

David

Berwyn - 2/2/05 at 10:18 PM

No, No cover on the boot and they did not check for radius's. The only check they would do on the boot was if it was designed to be a boot, i.e. carry something in it, I think then they need it loaded for weight tests. Mine is just open, no cover / lid , so you can see straight down to the ground below.

bob - 2/2/05 at 11:45 PM

Well done berwyn,now go and show the car off to paul beyer as he needs to pull is finger out.

Paul still thinks he's the only builder in the vilage

Hellfire - 3/2/05 at 12:29 PM

Nice looking car Berwyn. I actually thought you'd been on the road for the last 6 months

Berwyn - 3/2/05 at 12:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words everybody. Just need to get it registered now, hopefully not another 6 month gap !

Not sure which is the first show we can meet up at, Stoneliegh i think ?? 6 months is a long time out of the kitcar game......

Danozeman - 3/2/05 at 08:52 PM

Nice car that mate. Congrats...

Is tthat good for sva then to have the back open?

AvonBelgium - 4/2/05 at 10:22 AM

Very Nice.
I like the light in the rear fender !
Can you tell me witch colour you sprayed you're car in ? I was thinking to spray mine in "Peugot island gray", but I like you're colour also.

Thanks

Berwyn - 4/2/05 at 04:10 PM

Hi there,
Yes , having the back open was no problem for the SVA. If i had a boot box fitted they said they would have wanted it loaded ??.

The colour i sprayed the car is "gregio titanio " which is Ferrari grey titanium to you and me !.
Sounds expensive but isnt if you get it mixed at your local paint shop.