Board logo

Wiper problem
iti_uk - 30/8/10 at 10:56 PM

(on behalf of clairetoo)

The wiring system standard Ford, with a Mini wiper motor. The problem is that the wipers keep wiping of their own accord when switching them on to intermittent - it has been observed that the relay does not "click on/off for the intermittent wipe, but clicks on and "buzzes" slightly while the wipers keep on going and going..." Single wipe functions correctly.

Does this sound like a tired relay or something else?

TIA

Chris

stevebubs - 31/8/10 at 02:49 AM

Relay would be the first thing I would change....went through 2 on mine in short succession for no apparent reason...

adithorp - 31/8/10 at 06:51 AM

Could be the relay but it could also be that you've got the wires mixed up on the motor and it's back feeding the relay via the constant park feed. I had that the first time I did mine and it did what you describe when I switched off. Can't remeber how I wired it off the top of my head. I'll look later but I wasn't using Sierra loom/switch. Have you looked at the diagram on SVC website for wiper motor.

adrian

iti_uk - 31/8/10 at 11:33 AM

Thanks for the replies. I think it must be a dead relay. It has been working fine for years, it just started mis-bahaving over this past weekend.

This is on clairetoo's Fury, btw. I'll relay the info this afternoon (excuse the pun).

Chris