Board logo

Be carful on your drive home
speedyxjs - 10/11/08 at 04:48 PM

Iv just driven home at 15mph on parts of the A27 and i was overtaking cars
The weather is s**t so drive home carfully, especially if you are in a 7

DarrenW - 10/11/08 at 04:51 PM

I think ill avoid that road tonight. Thanks for the tip off.

Was it icey or just wet and 'orrible?

Mr Whippy - 10/11/08 at 04:52 PM

rain snow...tornado's?? what's wrong with the weather? its nice here

speedyxjs - 10/11/08 at 04:53 PM

quote:

I think ill avoid that road tonight. Thanks for the tip off. Was it icey or just wet and 'orrible?

VERY wet

quote:

what's wrong with the weather? its nice here

[Edited on 10-11-08 by speedyxjs]

Fozzie - 10/11/08 at 05:01 PM

Yes it is very wet in these parts!

Fozzie....

Link removed now, as the worst is over........allegedly

[Edited on 10-11-08 by Fozzie]

theconrodkid - 10/11/08 at 05:02 PM

slightly moist in london

tegwin - 10/11/08 at 05:24 PM

Haha... I wouldnt worry about the weather.... Its the loonies driving in pitch darkness with no lights..

And the retards who get angry when they descover they have to stop to let someone reverse onto their own drive... FFS

mcerd1 - 10/11/08 at 05:25 PM

Its been sunny here most of the day

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/dg/dg_latest_weather.html

[Edited on 10/11/08 by mcerd1]

nstrug - 10/11/08 at 05:26 PM

Getting to that time of year when I swap to the winter rubber (Nokian WRs) and feel nice and safe as I watch idiots spinning off the road at the first snowflake. Great for the annual trip to the Alps too

Nick

speedyxjs - 10/11/08 at 05:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
the retards who get angry when they descover they have to stop to let someone reverse onto their own drive... FFS

Yeah. We get enough of that round here

Stuart_B - 10/11/08 at 05:59 PM

the police have shut roads around my area as they are flooded, as i found out on the way home from collage to day.

stuart

clairetoo - 10/11/08 at 06:00 PM

quote:
And the retards who get angry when they descover they have to stop to let someone reverse onto their own drive... FFS

I had one nutter take to the pavement behind me while backing my Fury onto my drive not long ago
As for the weather I'm finding my Toyo Proxes to be fantastic in the wet - I hardly get it sideways much at all , officer

IDONTBELEIVEIT - 10/11/08 at 07:14 PM

not meaning to hijack,but what are them proxes like on the track claire?,i've just put a set on me westy and some people have said they get too hot on the track and tend to loose grip

[Edited on 10/11/08 by IDONTBELEIVEIT]

iscmatt - 10/11/08 at 07:49 PM

quote:
Its the loonies driving in pitch darkness with no lights..

Yup that happened to me tonight!! some women, gave her a big blow of my horn.

haha i i only realized the connotations of my above sentence when i wrote it down!!

gttztt - 10/11/08 at 08:35 PM

Other end of the A27 at Chichester - Fishbourne Roundabout is/was under 2ft of water. Dual carriage way was shut before 19.00 Young lad came off his fizzy on the Portfield roundabout and was carted off in a meat wagon with all lights blazing. (''

clairetoo - 10/11/08 at 10:46 PM

quote:
Originally posted by IDONTBELEIVEIT
not meaning to hijack,but what are them proxes like on the track claire?,i've just put a set on me westy and some people have said they get too hot on the track and tend to loose grip

[Edited on 10/11/08 by IDONTBELEIVEIT]

I cant say much about `on track` behavior as I gave up trackday's a long time ago - the nearest I have done is the event at Laon , and I couldnt even provoke a slide on slick French roads . At 80 mph plus on the motorway in torrential rain it felt safe and totally planted - definitely the best it has ever felt