Board logo

Nice little air display :)
karlak - 19/9/12 at 02:09 PM

The bottom of our garden over looks the runway for Cranfield airfield, separated by a field.

Normally the usual Cessna's and light aircraft, and sometimes quite a nice military helicopter. Today we had this for a 10 minute or so multi-pass dislplay. Sorry, just had to tell someone..

and a Bombing run - was directly overhead....

You forget how those full power climb outs shake the ground, especially when it is a few hundred yards away - Awsome,,,, made my day

mookaloid - 19/9/12 at 02:10 PM

You are extremely fortunate

DanG - 19/9/12 at 02:30 PM

Great pictures!

It really is awesome.

Get donating some pennies to keep it flying:

www.vulcantothesky.org

karlak - 19/9/12 at 02:32 PM

Yep, also pleased with the photos.

Currently have not got an SLR, so these were taken with a small Fuji compact camera, with the sun not in an ideal place. So not bad at all

carlknight1982 - 19/9/12 at 02:37 PM

Gorgeous Bird that, I saw her at GoodWood FOS last year, fantasticaly graceful for such a large beastie

jonabonospen - 19/9/12 at 02:57 PM

Great photos, and a lovely plane. I really hoped to see it at Bournemouth airshow last year but unfortunately there was some problem with the plane and it couldn't make it.

Coopz - 19/9/12 at 03:24 PM

I love the Vulcan, have seen it a few times I hope they can keep it flying!

dave r - 19/9/12 at 04:44 PM

i hear whispers that next year will be the last year

sdh2903 - 19/9/12 at 06:02 PM

My favorite aircraft, even had the pleasure of working on the static one at Woodford as an apprentice along with the old boy volunteers who used to tinker with it. Saw it at leuchars last year and was the highlight of the show.

vanepico - 19/9/12 at 09:34 PM

It flew over my house a few weeks ago! I thought 'hmm, thats a very loud plane' then just before I saw it I though thats a vulcan, I nearly had a heart attack from the shock! Having been used to driving miles and miles to see airshows, to have it fly over was amazing!

rusty nuts - 19/9/12 at 09:54 PM

Saw it a couple of weeks ago when it was at Duxford, very impressive . Many years ago I used to jump at Cranfield

matt_gsxr - 19/9/12 at 11:29 PM

lucky you don't live in Greece with those photos.

rusty nuts - 19/9/12 at 11:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by matt_gsxr
lucky you don't live in Greece with those photos.

Do they still not allow photo's to be taken of aircraft? I thought they had relaxed the regulations?