Board logo

Blade Engine missing rectifier
mike smith1 - 10/8/05 at 08:12 AM

Hi all!

I'm new to the kit car scene! So this mite seem to be a daft question but hey!
Having just placed the order for a mk indy kit, i have began the hunt for a blade engine to power it, i have found a almost complete engine. The engine is complete apart from the rectifier, I have been told by the guy who has the engine that you can get another rectifer of a blade or blackbird and fit it straight on.

I just wanted to make sure this was correct before shelling out the cash!

Its a 1997 Blade on carbs

Cheer Mike

andyd - 10/8/05 at 08:47 AM

Hi Mike,

Had the same issue when I got my engine. Got one from http://www.gear4bikes.com/. Not cheap though. I've just looked and they are just under £70. IIRC it was a pattern part but was brand new. You may be able to get a 2nd hand one for less but I'd wager that most 2nd hand ones will have been sold with the engine they were attached to to a kit-car builder!

stevebubs - 10/8/05 at 08:48 AM

the kit car workshop sell an upgraded rectifier off the shelf

adam_moore - 10/8/05 at 10:43 AM

I got my blade rectifier (after I blew the old one up!) from patternparts.net at about £65 I think.
It works fine, just remember to headsink it! I have a PC fan on mine to ensure I don't blow it up again.

Berwyn - 10/8/05 at 10:50 AM

I got a near complete loom in the garage for a carb'ed blade which i've been meaning to put on ebay, but I could split off the rectifier if you want.

U2U me