Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: How long till we get to 300 Mph?
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/3/16 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
Walking is quicker than a 300 mph car in most situations I can see! Road driving isn't an enjoyable pastime from my perspective, which can't be unique, hence driverless cars...

The mathematics of speed/power/drag are just against 300 mph routinely.

But, let's have Utopian car future.... we 'drive' our 'cars' in a vacuum tunnel, on magnetic 'tracks', tram-like power feed above to brushless motors.
All controlled by Microsoft's finest, so we just sit back obliviously and send each other messages and pictures detailing our interesting lives - hey, just a minute, most drivers seem to do that already.

nick205

posted on 2/3/16 at 11:51 AM Reply With Quote
...or in the case of my 12 yr old nephew fail to understand that there is no WiFi in cars yet

loggyboy

posted on 2/3/16 at 12:35 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
...or in the case of my 12 yr old nephew fail to understand that there is no WiFi in cars yet

you need an upgrade!

Mistral Motorsport

Doctor Derek Doctors

posted on 2/3/16 at 01:28 PM Reply With Quote
Blimey, for a website largely about the enjoyment of cars there are a lot of really miserable gits who seem to really get no joy from cars.

A road car that can do 300mph is no more pointless than a road car that can do 200mph or 100mph or even 71mph if you just boil it down to the legalities of life.

I'd rather VW had a few of their engineers working on crazy projects that create a bit of buzz and fun rather than having them all working on optimising the closing noise of the latest Polo glovebox or something equally mundane.

Cheer up

Anyway, perhaps the Koenigsegg Regara might break 300mph first, its claiming over 1500bhp and 2000Nm of torque from a petrol/electric drivetrain.

http://jalopnik.com/the-amazing-tech-that-makes-the-koenigsegg-regera-a-hyp-1762221011

Actually its limited to 248mph by the engines redline.

Designer and Supplier of the T89 Designs - Single Seater Locost. Build you own Single Seater Racecar for ~£5k.

Plans and Drawings available, U2U or e-mail for details.

Available Now: The Sports Racer Add-On pack, Build a full bodied Sports Racer for Trackdays, Sprints and Racing.

www.t89.co.uk
www.racecarwings.co.uk

callan@t89.co.uk

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
motorcycle_mayhem

posted on 2/3/16 at 07:08 PM Reply With Quote
No Joy?... Well, certainly not on the road. Traffic, surface and enforcement. Misery.

Car designers seem to be focusing more on arranging their LED lights and how to integrate the phone, while owners seem to have no other wish for 'modification' than to arrange their number plate numbers and letters to produce something only meaningful to them. This is what it is.

Now... get that car on a track and it all makes sense. How long I(we) can do this before the NIMBY noise/environment brigade stop all such pointless activity is open to some worry.

mark chandler

posted on 2/3/16 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
There are a plethora of cars that can exceed 200mph these days, car manufacturers are pushing the boundaries all the time.

300mph is a massive technical challenge, I,m sure it will get broken but we may have to wait for this.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.