Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: SVA Fail - Bugger!!!!!
DarrenW

posted on 21/1/06 at 10:45 PM Reply With Quote
Hello whitestu,

mmmmmmm, the plot thickens on this one.

1. Retsest - SVA man was happy with new solution, well almost!!!! Look at last photo, you will see the u-clip (the bit sullied in the kit). The bugger was opening up and at risk of the cable end pulling thro'. The tester was most gratious in letting me go to the caravan spares place next door, but some jubilee clips and fit these as a way of preventing further opening (i also nipped up with the molegrips i had with me). This si only a temp measure and further fix required soon.

2. SVA Head office review - allegedly the tester has since been told that my original method was ok and in future should be accepted. This method was to cut the Sierra kit and rejoin with 4 u-sadles. (1 clamp will hold cable, 2nd one is redundancy, another 2 is belt and braces)

Does this help you> My fail sems to be a Gosforth isolated incidence. U2U me if you need further clarification.

Dillinger1977

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:27 PM Reply With Quote
bizarre, just been reading the directions to the newcastle SVA centre.
reading them leads me to beleive that its right next to a caravanning place, and a tyre place? (and a huge open air car sales place)

if so, thats about 2 minutes from my parent house. wierd! ive drove past that thousands of times and never realised it was a sva centre. just thought it was some sort of truck weighing place.

incidentally, whenever i need new tyres for my tintop i always go there when im visiting parents, i found it miles cheaper than down here!

ah well, best keep my eyes out for some 'sevens next time im up

-Rog

DarrenW

posted on 21/1/06 at 11:48 PM Reply With Quote
As you drive in the first huge building is a truck testing place. The SVA bit is to the right. Very smart, well equipped. Caravan and tyre sales right next door. It was that Caravan shop where i got some clips and ended up passing retest.

iank

posted on 28/1/06 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Gosforth SVA from space

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/gosforth_sva.jpg

Newcastle's resolution just got upgraded on google maps so this isn't even at full zoom

Images seem to be 2-3 years old though.

Sorry couldn't resist Just need to get my finger out, decide what to build, approve funds with SWMBO and get some garage time in Should be there myself within 5 years

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.